Failed to Attach Driver Kernel

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by redwolfe_98, Dec 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArchAngel_8

ArchAngel_8 Registered Member

Hey all, I have been "laying low" for a while and just realized PG 1.2 was out. I was wondering, I just installed it, and I amstill getting the "failed to connect to the Kernel Driver" error message. I have been closing it and then starting it again and it always connects the second time. Is it the timing issue that Gavin spoke about? If I missed something somewhere regarding a fix or solution, I apologize. :rolleyes:

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi ArchAngel_8, :)

Before installing the new version it is better to make sure that all the old files are gone, so disable PG protection, stop pg_msgprot in task manager & run the ununstall from the PG folder.
    Reboot
    Using explorer delete all your PG folder files except for your keyfile if there are any.
    Then go to \windows\system32 and delete procguard.dll if there, then go to \windows\system32\drivers and delete procguard.sys if there.
    (I also deleted all PG's reg keys as I had been running beta's but this should not be necessary got V1.150 users)

Before installing I closed all my running programmes AV/AT etc. Then Installed version 1.200 & rebooted.

Tested with APT and all is fine :)

HTH Pilli

3. ArchAngel_8

ArchAngel_8 Registered Member

:p ok Pilli.. Thanks. I'll give it a SHOT... lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.