Failed Incremental shows as Completed Successfully

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Xennon, Jan 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xennon

Xennon Registered Member

I have a scheduled incremental backup set for each week. On the latest occasion, the incremental backup started and failed due to a drive read error.

After examining the schedule section in the management console, I noticed that TI had marked the backup status as having completed successfully when it obviously did not.

I think this is a bug and could be a dangerous one. The only reason I knew the backup failed is because I was sitting there when the backup started and saw the error message over the tray icon. That in itself is not good - I would like to see a nice big red flag pop-up to tell me the backup failed - not just an obscure little tool-tip message.

I was there because the machine was off when the schedule was due to run, so it started the backup when I turned on the PC - At least now I know that part actually works.

2. NineToTheSky

NineToTheSky Registered Member

Yes, I've had this happen as well. And I agree: it is very dangerous. If a back up fails, you should be notified whether or not you're at your PC at the time.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Xennon and NineToTheSky

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Could you please launch Acronis True Image, choose "Tools" -> "Show Log", find the logs corresponding to the failure, highlight it, click on the icon with diskette (Save) and save the log file. After that please send the saved file to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.