Facebook game - baby son interrupts, mother kills him.

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Ocky, Oct 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

2. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I agree this is a senseless death. Being a criminal defense attorney I have a fair amount of experience involving the "shaken baby syndrome" issue. I noticed the "may have hit his head during the shaking" line. That normally means there was an injury to inside the skull but no apparent impact blow which caused the injury. Retinal hemorrhages are usually present and that is the calling card to prosecutors regarding shaken baby syndrome. The scientific community has really shifted away from this theory the last decade or so and it's probably to the point where retinal hemorrhages being evidence of shaken baby syndrome has become controversial, and it's probably less than 50% the scientific community believes in this theory now days. I think the scientific community that still believes in retinal hemorrhages being evidence of shaken baby syndrome has actually changed the name away from shaken baby to something like rapid acceleration, deceleration with or without impact.

I'm surprised someone would plead to this charge unless somehow Florida has a 1st degree murder charge as a possibility, which would seem hard to believe. Actually it all looks a bit fishy to me. There must have been something more that was not reported to have someone enter an open plea to a murder charge.

3. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

What a world we live in now :(

It wasn't so long ago i read about someone being murdered over a game of WOW :eek:

Unfortunately this is "Just" one of the downsides to people having internet access. It's turned a lot, and i do mean a LOT, of them into zombies, with no real lives outside of the glowing shiny box.

Along with that, they don't really now what's going on in the REAL world, or seem to care. Just as long as they can waste hours and hours every day playing stupid games and Facebooking etc etc.

Well it won't be too long now before they ALL get a Very BIG wake up call. But for most of them it'll be too late. But who's fault is that !

4. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

I think I know exactly what you mean. QE2 etc. and 'real life' shocks to the 'lifestyles' of those that don't know or don't care about planning to minimise the fallout.

5. elapsed

elapsed Registered Member

Here was me thinking it was only violent games like Call of Duty that make mass murderers and need to be sensored in Germany, Australia, Japana, etc... -sarcasm

Somehow, I don't think which game the mentally unstable person plays makes any difference.

6. Searching_ _ _

Searching_ _ _ Registered Member

3275800720_2b0958b30d.jpg
    Gollum: So bright... so beautiful... ah, Precious.
    Gollum: But perhaps we sits here and chats with it a bitsy, my precious. It likes riddles?
    Gollum: Once it takes hold of us it never lets go.
    Gollum: We swears to serve the master of the precious. We will swear on... on... the precious!
    Gollum: Myyy PRECIOUSSS.

7. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

Reading the topic title, I wondered what kind of sordid game Facebook was offering.
    Having read the full article, the truth is appalling.

Just as Ocky/TS wrote; Sad and impossible to fathom.

8. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

It's becoming commonplace sadly. People get killed over in-game items, people die playing MMO games because they can't be bothered to get up and eat, use the restroom, or sleep (this happened a lot in China in internet cafes), people becoming obsessed with others over IM chats, games and emails. I play World of Warcraft myself, and I've literally witnessed cases of people choosing the game over their wife/girlfriend (It seems to be a male thing, I've yet to see this happen with females for some reason), and I've seen children be ignored while running a raid in the game.

It's not all of the Internets' fault, we as thinking beings are capable of making choices. But, it does seem like the move to almost everything involving the Internet and computers have really taken a toll on intelligence, creativity and human nature as a whole. Some would say "pull the plug", well, given how the entire planet is so connected to it, I say good luck with that. I'm not sure too many people are left that would know how to live without it.

9. katio

katio Guest

I think I don't know what you mean :p
    What's QE2 standing for?

10. Franklin

Franklin Registered Member

So sad! :'(

11. Noob

Noob Registered Member

WOW, this is sad!
    I hope she gets punished hard

12. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

The announced second round of money printing by the FED, known as QE2 or quantitative easing round 2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.