Facebook can see what users Type

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by lucygrl, Dec 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DesuMaiden

DesuMaiden Registered Member

Steam is a pretty good social network site. At least it isn't part of the PRISM project. In fact, I think it is a social media site for online gamers.

2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

None of those services are a real alternative to Facebook, as the way the operate is different and much more limited to how Facebook works. When people decide to ditch Facebook, it think on the whole they are not switching to an alternative social networking site. Personally I see very few people deactivating their Facebook accounts, and for the few that do, start up a new account right away - they just want a new account without hundreds of friends, many they hardly know.

At the moment, I don't believe that there are any serious alternatives to Facebook. There a few services which offer similar features to Facebook, but due to a lack of users, for now they are not providing any real competition.

3. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

Many social sharing sites and other services use tracking pixels, 1×1 gifs, web beacons, et al - get used to it, these spying technologies are being used more every day.

4. siljaline

A new annoyance is "trending ads" which are directly targeted at your demographic :cautious:

Attached Files:

5. siljaline

Facebook "trending ads" are no longer visible for some.

Attached Files:

6. DesuMaiden

DesuMaiden Registered Member

Or you could be like be like me. You can just avoid social media sites. Keep your social media presence to a minimum. I hardly use Facebook or any social media sites for that matter. I just keep everything to myself. I use pretty much any site other than social media sites.

7. siljaline

Once you connect a PC or similar device to the Internet, you have already disclosed personal information that will be there forever.

Interesting older security article that some may recall.
    Before You Connect a New Computer to the Internet
    https://www.cert.org/tech_tips/before_you_plug_in.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.