Facebook 2-factor Auth issues.

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by x942, May 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. x942

x942 Guest

So after enabling 2-factor authentication on Facebook I ran into a quick problem:
    it wont send me codes any more! I got the code ONCE Via SMS and never again. This is preventing me from accessing my account. E-mailing them results in nothing. All they say is to sign on with a "verified device" and as I don't store cookies none of my devices are verified. They won't lend any more assistance or reply to my e-mails so just a warning to others:

If you plan on using these features BE CAREFUL as you can get locked out. I am hopping they will fix this soon but their system isn't that secure anyways. Codes sent out are valid until used (Not time based) This should be an option. Also maybe an app like google so these issues wouldn't arrise.

(Sorry if this is the wrong forum but it is security related somewhat).

Any one else have these issues?

2. constantine76

constantine76 Registered Member

Had that one and my account was cancelled. Damn facebook doesn't even have a support email thatI can send to. All I get is an FAQ that did not help.

3. chrisretusn

chrisretusn Registered Member

Facebook occasionally prompts me on log in to add this "securuty feature". Tells my my security is low. I just click not now. I don't want Facebook to have me cell number.

4. x942

x942 Guest

I wish i did that. I thought this would be great security but it's so good it even keeps ME out. I e-mailed them through some form (I can't find it now) the return email came from:

The Facebook Team <info+jjix03r@support.facebook.com>

In full:
    The reply:
    Nice help facebook. NONE of that will help me.
    1) It doesn't send no matter how many times I click resend.
    2) Don't store cookies = No recognized devices. (Also after this my cell phone stopped signing in too :/
    3) I have my phone the stupid system won't send my code!

They never replied to my response (I think its a one-way account).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.