F11 - Recovery - Fail

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by edprov, Mar 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edprov

edprov Registered Member

I am running windows 2000 pro SP4. and have the latest build -9.0 2,277.

1. when I select F11 it brings me to the recovery screen. I choose to load full acronis recovery as recommended. The system hangs here although it says it is loading "acronis please wait" . I wait then it reboots to the normal windows stratup. I do have a secure zone with an image to restore.

Thanks

2. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

I hope that's a typo, the latest build is 9.0 2337.

3. edprov

edprov Registered Member

Thanks, I checked "help about" and that is correct 9.2,227..... what I posted. I down loaded the latest update. Maybe it di not installm properly. But I didn't get any error messages?

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

There is a bug in the installer. Uninstall what you have now and then install 2337. The version should indicate 2337 when done properly. The "update" is the full program.

5. edprov

edprov Registered Member

Thanks, after I posted I did that, Now I have the latest version and still the same problem. The recover manager (F11) hangs when it starts to load the recommended option to "load full acronis". I can see the Acronis logo and the " loading program....." but times out and reboots. To normal wimdows.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello edprov,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please activate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager using Activate Acronis Startup Recovery Manager wizard which is accessible via the main program window once more. The reason I ask you to do so is that there is a known problem: Acronis Startup Recovery Manager is not being updated automatically when installing the new build of Acronis True Image 9.0. This problem will certainly be fixed in the future builds of a particular product. However, until it is fixed the manual Acronis Startup Recover Manager "re-activation" is required upon installing the new build of the software.

If the problem still persists after "re-activating" Acronis Startup Recovery Manager then please do the following:

- Press F11 key on the computer startup in order to start Acronis Startup Recovery Manager;

- Press F11 key once more when the selection screen advising you to choose either "Full" or "Boot into Windows" option appears;

- After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the "quiet" word, click on the OK button and choose the "Full" option;

- As the startup messages stop scrolling please write down the last few lines of the output, or use a digital camera to make a shots of the output screens.

Please also provide us with the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Let us know when the computer reboots exactly;

- Create Acronis Bootable Rescue Media (see section 10.2 of Acronis True Image 9.0 User's Guide) and try to boot the computer from it. Inform us about the result;

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

7. edprov

edprov Registered Member

I did restart the recovery console still no results. I am glad that I am just testing this software. I have a lab set up to test software. The (F11) restore feature is the main reason I purchased this software for evaluation. I will try it on the other systems to see if it will work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.