f11.cfg settings

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Kaphka, May 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaphka

Kaphka Registered Member

After reading this forum quite a bit, I've finally discovered the "acpi=off" trick, without which Acronis Startup Recovery Manager won't work at all on this computer. (That really should have been in the manual, or better yet, an option in the TrueImage program.)

If I press F11 and enter the setting manually at the boot menu, it works fine. However, I can't figure out how to make it automatically default to "acpi=off". I've tried editing the kernel line in Program Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\f11.cfg, and then disabling and reenabling the Startup Recovery Manager, but this has no effect.

Am I editing the wrong file? How can I make the Startup Recovery Manager default to "acpi=off" every time I use it?

I'm using TrueImage build 3567.

2. b00sfuk

b00sfuk Registered Member

I had same problem. In the end it worked for me if:

1. Use this amended line in F11.cfg kernel kernel.dat quiet acpi=off noapic

2. Completely removed the Secure Zone (i.e. made sure partition was totally gone before re-installing).

3. Kaphka

Kaphka Registered Member

I did, in fact, completely remove the Secure Zone the first time around, and it didn't help. I didn't add "acpi=off noapic", just "acpi=off"... it's hard to believe that could make a difference, though, since only "acpi=off" is necessary when I enter it manually.

In any case, I can't risk deleting my Secure Zone right now, but I'll give it a try in a few days, unless anyone has a better idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.