f-secure

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by jubilee, Oct 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jubilee

jubilee Registered Member

hi

is there any important difference between f-secure client security 6.0 and f-secure internet security 2006

which of this is lighther and powerfull?

thank's

2. Siro

Siro Registered Member

F-Secure Internet Security 2006 is a complete solution which includes Parental Control and some additional features which the Client Security doesnt.Lighter on resources is definitely the antivirus client security as its meant to be used in small medium enterprises or organisations.F-Secure IS 2006 is a huge improvement over the 2005 IS in terms of resources as i beta tested it recently and surely they have improved a lot over the last year or so.

3. rokko

rokko Registered Member

F-Secure I.S2006 has additional "Parent control", and "Anti Spam". IMHO they do not make essential advantage. Client Security 6.0 is lighter, I have Cl.Sec.6.0 installed and it runs smooth.

4. jubilee

jubilee Registered Member

but in term of firewall protection, this component of the f-secure client security can match the counterparts from zonelabs and outpost?

thank's

5. Siro

Siro Registered Member

I think it can as it is a very robust firewall in my opinion right up there with ZAP or Outpost in terms of protection.

6. rokko

rokko Registered Member

7. illukka

illukka Spyware Fighter

if you guys say its good ( the fsecure fw ) i must believe you.. they have been working hard on it

i tested it some versions ago and then it was a crappy one
    no i didnt use leaktests, instead i tested it with beast, flux, optix, asassin etc ( you get the picture )and a bunch of FWB++ downloaders. at that time(2003-2004) it did stop only very few of them from getting out

does it now detect dll or code injection

8. javagreen

javagreen Registered Member

F-Secure Internet Security 2006 has the Blacklight Rootkit detection technology which the Client Security doesn't have.

Additionally, It also has moved the spyware detection into the main scan engine itself, instead of having a dedicated engine for Spyware ... so that it's lighter on system resources

9. rokko

rokko Registered Member

But Internet Security does not have http scaning

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.