F-Secure trial

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by The One, Sep 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The One

The One Frequent Poster

Hi Guys

Long time a go I tested F-secure 2007 I was not very much impressed. Now I'm testing F-Secure 2008 and I am very very much impressed. But now I have a hugh problem, My trial period is closed.

So now my question:
    Does anyone know a good 3 month trial on the internet security version?
    or Does anyone know a good deal on F-secure Internet Security

I know, Good security must be paid for, but I'm still in testing phase

I hope you guys can help

2. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

where is your location the one?

3. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

I'd email F-Secure to see if they would be willing to extend you another 30-days on the trial. Wost case scenario they say 'no'. :p

4. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

5. The One

The One Frequent Poster

I'm in the Netherlands

Thanx for your help

6. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

I have only ran it maybe 5 days but I'm extremely pleased with it, I set the firewall a bit higher & I like the prompts that I'm getting & the AV is I think without qyestion is one of the better & they do an excellent job on rootkits. Is there an issue on FSIS your not sure of?

7. The One

The One Frequent Poster

Well I haven't really had the chance to test this 2008 version. I would like to do more testing before really use it for a longer period

8. larryb52

well I have had issues such as your & I have actually purchased the product to later find it wasn't for me & gotten a refund. I can't say this is the way to go but just an option. I have gotten refunds years ago from Norton & McAfee...but I also have been know to keep a couple paid AV's around. I currently have Nod, Norton, Kaspersky & thinkon purchasing F-Secure as I did run the 05 version & it saved my machine a couple times. I respect it just want to make sure it runs properly on my new vista laptop. Hope you find your solution. BTW FWIW I found a f-secure license with a Pc Mag I bought one time...

9. The One

The One Frequent Poster

Is this PC Mag license downloadable?

10. larryb52

no I found that at a Barnes & Noble on the news shelf...

11. quadrophonic

quadrophonic Registered Member

What was wrong with F-secure 2007? Was the scan too slow, or was the GUI not up to par?

I see from another link in this thread, that a free 6 month trial of 2006 is available. If it has the same signature definitions as the current version, wouldn't it be a better option than any of the other free AV programs?
    A-Vcomparatives.org gave F-secure v6 great reviews in 2006.

12. Banshee

Banshee Registered Member

Nothing was wrong but it was a resource hog when I trialed it.Startup was also slow.

I have fsis2008 on another snapshot and it is faster and no bootup delays.

Pretty good suite.

As far as fsis2008 being a better option...it really depends on your machine.

If it doesn't "get along" then no.If it does yes.

There are other routes you could go as well like ssm+antivir+superantispyware.

You just need to trial those programs.

13. larryb52

I'm trialing this right now & a question for those the use windows mail in Vista. Have you seen the spam filter work? I ask as comcast my ISP keeps me pretty clean but after 10 days I have not had one message tagged as spam was wondering if perhaps this part of the program just doesn't work in vista or I'm just lucky & get no spam...thanks...

14. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

the spam detection is poor im afraid.

its all done automatically though, best to use the added toolbar button (its little, but its there) and deny such addresses instead.

15. larryb52

thanks after some thought on security suites, I think I'm going back to my nod32/look n stop approach havn't decided when anti spyware to run but F-secure made me remove the one. thanks for you input...

16. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

17. Bunkhouse Buck

Bunkhouse Buck Registered Member

About a month ago I attempted to test f-Secure 2008 with a "trial" subscription and it never worked. I exchanged dozens of emails with them to attempt to see why the program continued to tell me that my trial had expired when the program had never been installed on my computer. Because of the expiration error, the program could not update itself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.