F Secure software packages ogffered by ISP's

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Michael_aust, Mar 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_aust

Michael_aust Registered Member

I am soon to be moving to a new ISP, Tesco and for 50p a month they do an internet security package which includes an antivirus, firewall, anti spam and child protetion software. I know the antivirus and firewall are made by F secure I dont know about the anti spam. Any way I have look on the f secure site and it says they do these deals with quite a few isp's all over the world. What's F secure's software like? Is it any good or is rather poor. I was just thinking because it would come to £6 a year for the whole security package whichis rather cheap. Would you say its worth it or would I be better sticking with my free versions of syagte firewall and avast anti virus?

can people give me there opinions of f secure's software and the offer as well there experiances with their software.

Thanks

Michael :)

2. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Excellent AV . Probably worth the money just for that portion of it . The rest of that security package I am unfamiliar with .

3. Michael_aust

I have just checked the package is completely made by Fsecure so i presume its the same as there internet secuirty 2005 product. I was looking round at it on download.com and it seems to get a not so good review by all the users. But when I looked at sites ike cnet and other computer mag sites it got between aan average and a pretty good rating. Whats people viws on the product. Does it have a good detection rate and what features does the anti virus include e.g p2p protection, im protection etc.

Thsnks

Michael :)

4. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

An even better free offer here; https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=70679

as Shaw Secure is a re-badged F-secure in disguise.

The AV is top notch. Multi-engined with Kaspersky as one of those engines. Therefore top-notch protection, better than Avast. Not sure about the firewall but it is capable.

Highly recommended but probably not if you have an older computer;

5. Michael_aust

Ok I thin kI am going to give this software a try for £6 ayear its nothing. I am running an xp machine with sp2, 256 ram and a 2.6 celleron. Would F secure internet security cripple me? I mean would I suffer severe slow down while doing everyday tasks such as word processing etc and web browsing and the odd game. It has the same requirments as Shaw secure.

Thanks

Michael

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.