F-Secure IS 2007

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by JerryM, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I have been using F-Secure AV for almost 6 months. I have liked it, and have not experienced the slowdowns that some report.
    I decided to trial the suite before I installed the recent purchase in case there are going to be problems with it.

I uninstalled Kerio 2.1.5 and the AV, and installed the 30 day trial of the suite. All went smoothly, and so far it is running well without conflicts or slowdown. I realize there is plenty of time for it to cause problems, but so far so good, and I don't expect problems.

Assuming the suite continues to run well, as did the AV, I will be using it for a long time.

Jerry

2. midway40

midway40 Registered Member

Jerry I hope it works out ok for you. I just posted in the other thread of the problems I ran into with FSIS when I just upgraded my Soundblaster Live! to the Audigy 4 SE. When I have some time to fool with it more, I will try to reinstall FSIS but until then it is NOD32/Comodo for the time being.

Now I am off to try out the 7.1 with Call of Duty 2 :D

3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Hi Midway,
    We realize that some AVs just do not run well on some systems. There are no AVs better than NOD. I have no experience with Comodo, but it has some good reports.
    I was using Kerio 2.1.5 on my laptop with F-Secure AV. I hope the FS IS works out well. The FS AV ran very well for me. In fact, along with Avast Home, it is the most trouble free AV I have used.

I don't have much time for one that does not run well. There are too many good ones out there.

Best,
    Jerry

4. midway40

I don't have anything against NOD32. It may sound crazy but the only reason I moved to F-Secure was that NOD32 was too silent for me. I never heard a peep from it, only when I downloaded the eicar test file when I saw the "red window". Heck I even went to some warez/crack sites just to see if it would evoke a response but never saw anything (I never got anything either I might add). At least FS informed me a few times about refusing to download a site because of a malicious code detected or when MyDoom came knocking on my door (though that was a FW warning).

I used to use Kerio 4 versions. The only reason I don't use the 2.1.5 version is (here comes another crazy one) is that XP's Security Center doesn't see it. I know I can set it to where it won't tell me that but for some reason that bothers me. I had been using Comodo since it came out and it has been ok and have been getting some good reviews, especially in leak tests.

5. lodore

lodore Registered Member

if you want nod32 to show more popups dont use blackspear settings since they are meant to be silent.
    jerry its nice that f-secure works fine for you.
    its a shame it has a problem with the creative sound card drivers and thats probaly why i had so many problems with it.
    lodore

6. midway40

Thanks lodore, I will look into the settings (which NOD32 has a myriad of). I like to see something everynow and then telling me that my AV is protecting me but don't won't an overload of info like NAV used to do to me.

7. lodore

lodore Registered Member

thats why ive got kis6.0 because i can set it to tell me what i want it to using notifications.
    ive got it to tell me when it has done a successful update etc.
    nod32 should be able to give you more infomation about it working with all those settings lol.
    lodore

8. midway40

I couldn't stand it anymore so I reinstalled FSIS '07. With so many Audigy cards out there I found it hard to believe that the people at F-Secure had not tested '07 against this card. The last couple of hours I have been running it thru the paces and am pleased to report that no problems have shown up so far. All Creative apps now work and I have rebooted 5 times without freeze-up.

Why does FSIS ‘07 get along with the Audigy and Creative apps now? I have a few possible reasons:

a)the updates on the Audigy driver and apps could have fixed some incompatibilities with other programs.
    b) maybe by having the drivers and apps installed before installing FS might have helped.
    c) there may be a setting in FS which might cause the instability. The only thing I have changed so far is to enable HTTP traffic scanning (which is turned off by default).
    d) who cares, it now works, lol

So Jerry, it looks like I am back in the FS gang again :D

9. lodore

lodore Registered Member

glad it works
    tbh i still prefer nod32 and kav and antivir.
    lodore

10. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

yep, good luck.... great software and security. i still miss my f-secure sometimes. :) but shall stick to my doctor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.