F-Secure IS 2007 v KIS 6.0

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Simon6776, Jan 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Jerry, unstall 2006 and install 2007 and put your new license in, it will work.

2. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Hi trjam,

I tried it, but it did not work. I think that the 3 year license may be the problem.
    I did update from 2006 to 2007 with my 1 year free trial, and there were no problems.

I like F-Secure, but their customer service is VERY SLOW, or maybe almost non-existent in my limited experience with them. I have placed the trial of FS back on my laptop, and it is runnning well.

Best,
    Jerry

3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

did you install your key in the trial version yet. I biught the 2006 one last week for 40 dollars and downloaded 2007 and my key worked. It may be also that it is because your serial number has already been used, but I would still install it in the trial. I love the suite.

4. Simon6776

Simon6776 Registered Member

I beg to differ there. I am currently communicating with them relating to a technical issue, and the longest they have taken to reply is about 36 hours. This morning, I emailed them, and they replied within the hour. I guess it depends how busy they are, or perhaps how many staff they have working at the time of your enquiry. That said, their replies haven't been all that useful, apart from providing me with the latest uninstallation tool, and the latest (SP1) version of FSIS 2007. All they seem to want me to do is uninstall everything else on my machine, in order to get F-Secure to complete a full system scan.

5. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I just now sent a follow-up. My initial support request was made aroung the 12 -14 Jan. I received a response asking for additional information. I provided that on the same day, 17th of Jan. To date I have not received a response. I do not doubt your experience regarding the speed of a response, but mine is different.

I do not consider that when they have not responded after 2.5 weeks that is anything but poor service. Especially since it is just an answer regarding a license issue. I sent them the license number, which incidentally is recognized in the 2006 version, and I think they should have made a decision and informed me by now.

Maybe you will use your influence to get an answer for me.:D :D Just kidding.

Best,
    Jerry

6. Simon6776

Simon6776 Registered Member

Well, their suggestions didn't work, so I will be back onto them imminently. Perhaps I got answered quicker because they think I am a new customer? :rolleyes: :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.