f-secure internet security

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by lodore, Jun 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hi

i have f-secure internet security 2006 and its great. at the moment most anti virus companies are releaseing new versions e.g kaspersky 6.0 bit defender 10 (soon) so i was wondering if anyone had heard news of f-secure internet security 2007 yet? and when its new features are likely to be shown.

it would be interesting to see what f-secure's new features are to see if it say uses less resourses than the 2006 version

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

f-secure depends mostly on Kaspersky , because as you probably know F-secure uses KAV's definitions and engine . IMO , it is too early for 2007 versions although some companies has already released some :)

3. lodore

lodore Registered Member

any idea if f-secure internet secuirty 2007 with use kaspersky 6.0 engine aka the lastest kaspersky one?

4. betauser2

betauser2 Guest

I'm using corporate version which has a webscanner (http scanner). My guess would be introducing the web scanner in it's Internet security 2007.

Unlikely as they seem to be concentrating on the corporate market, expanding as we speak in the EU.

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

The home version of F-Secure IS 2006 has an Http scanner already

bigc

6. betauser2

betauser2 Guest

thanks bigc wasn't aware of that

7. lodore

lodore Registered Member

surely they will still make a f-secure 2007 with some new features becauase otheer wise people will simply not buy it

8. Access Denied

Access Denied Registered Member

Just teh 2006 AV program includes a network control into it. If I wanted my network protected, I would buy the IS package. No thanks for a 59$ AV that includes network protection I don't care for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.