F-secure Internet Security 2007 Beta

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by mrhero, Aug 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrhero

mrhero Registered Member

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

thanks for the info I have just signed up to it.

can anyone who trys it post some screenshots.

3. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Just wonder if they are developing their own antispyware module in the 2007 product line, or will license the new Ad-Aware 2007...

4. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

it seems they are developing their own,coz ad-aware 2006 is far from getting released,so a re-designed antispyware definetly points in new direction
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New features since release of Internet Security 2006 Service Pack 1 include:
    - New system control – Host-based Intrusion Prevention System
    A new application has been introduced to replace system control, browser control and application launch and manipulation control to provide 0-day protection against unknown malware based on suspicious behavior. The new application allows for various profiles to tailor the level of warnings and control for the user, providing low noise level with good protection with its default settings.

-Trust relationship between System Control and Application control
    Integration of the two features provides users better experience of use while using networks safely.

-Improved Integrated Anti-Spyware
    Two-engine solution in spyware detection enables improved detection rate, keeping the removal capabilities as good as before for the users. The integration has been enhanced to include target scanning, in addition to real-time scanning and manual system scans. Improvements also include ability to find hidden spyware with F-Secure Blacklight rootkit scanning.

-Web Traffic Scanning
    Web traffic can be scanned for viruses and preventing the file content reaching the user system on protocol level. This feature is not turned on by default. Web traffic scanning bases on same traffic filtering technology (LSP, Layered Service Provider) available for filtering as with Parental Control.

-Scanning of all files enabled and made default for Virus & Spy Protection Real-time scanning

5. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Would that be the PDM module equivalent in KAV/KIS 6.0? :eek:

6. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

probably ... but if that is the case (it has been so for a long time..) it would be up to the user itself to stick with the original or go with F-Secure .. Two great suites imho!!

7. lodore

lodore Registered Member

seems good. i have read the release notes from the email and it uses less processes and uses less ram this is great news to me!!!

I have signed up to the testting but havent got an email yet
    lodore. I am still gonna test nod32 3.0 beta when it comes out and bitdefender 10 fullversion.

dont get me wrong buy it seems there are problems with kav and kis6.0 even thou they are proper versions and not betas. there doesnt seem to be any sort of problems with f-secure when they are fully released except quite alot of processes and memory useage but the protection is superb.

jerrym, are you going to be testing this?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2006
  8. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

The beta e-mail arrives within a few seconds...:D

A 72MB Download!!! :eek: Bigger than the 63MB for 2006

The mail included a special price for beta testers:

F-Secure Internet Security 2007 Pre-order Offer for Beta testers
    Your Price: USD 39.00 (+VAT)
    Your Price: EUR 39.95 (inc VAT)

9. Legendkiller

plz, someone post a screenshot..

10. lodore

lodore Registered Member

i have got my email now.

chubb read the release notes it says less processes and less system reourses used so why its a bigger download i dont know

11. cdr

cdr Registered Member

I don't mean, necessarily, to direct this to a specific person, but to anyone in this thread. For those of us who have never participated in any beta testing, are these open to even "intermediate" users, like myself, or only "advanced" users (in terms of computer knowledge)? At the end of the testing, are the beta testers usually offered a discount, if they want to purchase the software tested? Just curious--as I said, I have never done beta testing at all, but have been somewhat interested. Thanks in advance for any comments!:D

12. lodore

lodore Registered Member

in this one there is a discount on the software right now if you sign up.

as to if its for newbies or advanced users Im not sure.

as long you you report the bugs if there are any problems.

13. Lollan

Lollan Registered Member

I completely uninstalled Nod32 for testing purposes of this, restarted. Installed F-Secure, restarted. Now I am boot looping, yay! Went into safe mode, disabled all startup entries and services not crucial, to no avail. About to try a repair installation of Windows XP. :(

14. Legendkiller

my god,it completely cracked your pc...
    i will wait now for other's to post their views...

15. lodore

lodore Registered Member

omg lucky i ididnt try it lol. i never got sent a xp disc. but di hope people arent going to distrust it because of a problem on one persons pc.

16. Legendkiller

for that we need a few bravehearts to try it first...

17. lodore

lodore Registered Member

true we do i will try it on my windows ME pc soon. if it wasnt foer the beta testers at the start the finished product would never happern. anyone got it up and running? and are in a persistion to upload screen
    shots?
    lodore

18. eBBox

eBBox Registered Member

Installed and running. No probs here so far :)

19. Lollan

Lollan Registered Member

FDISR FTW I suppose, glad I had a snapshot up. Trying to replicate problem atm, crossing fingers.

20. ashishtx

ashishtx Registered Member

screen shot
    f secure.JPG

21. ashishtx

22. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Hi ashishtx,

Thanks for the screenshot. Do you find any HIPS in FIS2007 similar to the PDM module in KAV/KIS 6.0?

23. ashishtx

I am not that familiar with HIPS but when i tried to install ccleaner with yahoo toolbar, it asked me about a temporary file trying to change registry. I suppose that was related to yahoo toolbar. I denied it and the toolbar was not installed but ccleaner was installed with no problems.
    hips.JPG

24. ashishtx

25. Littlemutt

Littlemutt Guest

I too removed Nod32, and tried the f-secure 2007 Beta. I was prompted during the install that it would conflict with Lavasoft Ad-aware and asked to remove it, I let it remove Ad-aware (after unplugging the network cable as advised), and the install completed.

I performed an install of the Beta without the Parental controls feature. I am using WinXP Pro SP2 fully patched on an AMD Athlon 650mhz CPU 512meg RAM, ATI 9500Pro video card.

I too went into 'looping' restarts. The machine would boot up to the login screen, and after entering my login, it lasted about 5 secs and restarted. I let it cycle 3 times, then gave up and rolled back to a previous known good build.

So much for testing, and just to let you know, your not alone.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20060821 Minefield/3.0a1, Firefox ID:2006082104 [cairo]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.