F-Secure "Drop your prices"

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by trjam, Sep 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

F-Secure continues to do well with their Suite and AV product based on past and current testing. But Patrik, come on please, the Suite here in the US is listed at a lower price then the AV. A very nice gesture on F-Secures part, but the reality is, your prices are to high period. Just as some others are going to find out. Eset, Avira, Dr Web and others have seen the change and realize volume sales can make up for any loss on pick and choose sales. This is not a comparsion of products, but yes prices. Which I dont think it a no-no here.

2. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

It will be interesting to see what the prices of the Suite and AV are here in the UK when the 2009 versions are officially released tomorrow (3rd Sept). But I do agree that their prices are very high compared with their competitors.

3. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

I agree, F-Secure is a good product but the prices in the US are way to high for my budget.:eek:

4. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

Well in Asia, their prices are moderate/competitive. And when I bought my licence last year, they had thrown in an 20 % discount, which made me bite the bait.

5. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Prices in Asia have gone up to. Trust me.;)

6. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

The 2009 products are now showing to buy on their site (although trial versions are still 2008 but hopefully that will change through the course of the day). Anyway, prices are (in Euros) - 12 mth 1 user 74.90, 12 mth 3 user 79.90 and 24 mth 3 user 129.90.

In terms of pounds sterling (as I'm in the UK), it's usually about half the euro amount. I think the 12 mth 3 user (about £39.95) isn't bad at all compared to £51 for what I'm using at the moment (although I got that license free for a year from my online bank).

I wouldn't mind trialing the new FS IS2009 though - I tested the RC back in June and was impressed with it. Be interesting to see if they've done anything else with it in the last 3 months.

7. lodore

lodore Registered Member

hmm in the uk 3 users 1 year for £39.99 is a very good price.
    and in the US $79.99 which is roughly £40

8. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

it lists 2008 but you download 2009 test version...on prices I have a license till January 09 & their upgrade price IMO is steep at $60 bucks, I would hope it would be more competitive but if I like what I see I may pay it...

9. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

here in canada cost 99 canadian dollars:D but my internet provider give it for free:thumb:

10. Bensec

Bensec Registered Member

Havent entered the Chinese market yet. but NOD32 here is ~300RMB
    edit: actually you can get a lot discounts from the retailers. after a tough negotiation, the last price may be ~130, So i guess now you have an idea about how we buy products in China?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  11. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

so thats mean it is better to always look around before buying?

12. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

Thats such a party pooper :doubt:

13. patrikr

patrikr AV Expert

Really? It's less than 50 USD right now on www.f-secureusa.com - if you can solve the puzzle that is :)

Patrik

14. larryb52

I solved the puzzle in 6 moves :) but my personal security will be in danger from my spouse if I purchase anything else right now & I don't think any AV will help in that area!

15. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

it will be worse than a virus attack:D

16. s4u

s4u Registered Member

How about a Trialpay deal for zipo_O

17. larryb52

you can get that if you go to order it than go to close it , it'll offer the trialpay offer & one of the offers are from one of the movie rental places...

18. s4u

s4u Registered Member

Just received a licence for a package of photopaper and 4,95 euro

19. Bensec

Bensec Registered Member

yep, and more specifically, i mean dont trust the "recommended price" on the software's box. here in china, that price is ridiculously high. In this case(nod32), It could hurt your pocket by triple price:ouch: .

20. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

Nice to see that there is Vista 64 support now. Are things from the IS package not working in Vista? And: almost 80 euros for the IS is really way too high. Even when i can put it on three pC's. Half of the 80 euros would be more realistic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.