F-secure-discount

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by larryb52, Dec 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

looking to buy F-secure anyone know a link for a discount on the suite...?

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

3. larryb52

thanks, totally discusted with the others,

4. trjam

trjam Registered Member

the AV is nice and simple plus has DeepGuard Technology in it. My browsing is as fast as any of the others.

5. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

just curious i believe you tried kaspersky correct? just wondering what you didnt like about it knowing that f-secure uses their engine.. sorry to be off topic just being curious. thanks

i really liked f-secure if it had not had the slowwwwwwwww at startup i would be using it today honestly i really liked the overall suite and browsing was fine with it just the long startup that killed it for me.

6. MikeNAS

MikeNAS Registered Member

I just calculated euro prices:

EURO:

F-Secure Anti-Virus 2008, 1-3 user, Windows Vista / WinXP, Multilingual € 65,90-€ 26,36=€ 39,54
    F-Secure Internet Security 2008, 1-3 user, Windows Vista / WinXP, Multilingual € 79,90-€ 31,96=€ 47,94

INDIAN RUPEE:

F-Secure Anti-Virus 2008, 1-3 user, Windows Vista / WinXP, Multilingual 700,00 INR-280,00 INR=420,00 INR -> 7.26171429 Euros
    F-Secure Internet Security 2008, 1-3 user, Windows Vista / WinXP, Multilingual 1700,00 INR-680,00 INR=1020,00 INR -> 17.6355918 Euros

Sadly I don't like those products and yes I'm from Finland too :D

-MikeNAS

7. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Slow startup was the only complaint I had with FSIS. Like you I would probably still be using it otherwise. However, I would not hesitate to go back to it if I ever left KIS. I believe that FS is one of the tops in security. It was also the best "install and forget" suite or AV I used.

Hi Jeff, nice avatar. o_O

Regards,
    Jerery

8. zfactor

agreed i would say it would either be f-secure or avira if i ever switched. the only thing that held me from buying avira was price. and with this deal f-secure has if you like it i would def grab them before thats gone!!!! i also liked bitdefender 2008 if it was not so buggy for me so id have to play with that one again if i ever decided to look again. for now im def happy with kis7. and to think all the years i shunned kaspersky because of my experiences with kis5 then 6.. 7 is a whole new story. but like a lot did also with nis2008. sorry to be off topic we can no go back to the original one. sorry again

9. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

The fact that F-Secure still hasn't got 64bit support makes even the smallest amount of money they ask for their program uninteresting for me. I can hardly believe that they brag about their Vista 32 bit support. A real stupid thing that the 64 bit version don't exist at all!

10. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

And the AV is for 2 years as well, isn't it? :D

Great prices IMO :)

11. larryb52

Kiss tore up a baseball simulation I play & dispite some attempts to get Kiss to ignore the files or boxscores & scoresheets it creates it kept corrupting the files so I had to remove Kiss. Nod32 or ESS's firewall keeps turning off. Norton well it gives me different errors everytime I install it so I'm resorting to F-Secure. I had used it in 05 & have always thought highly of it & the trial I ran sometime ago it ran fine, so I'll buy it,

12. trjam

trjam Registered Member

they are both 1 year, it was due to licencse stacking. But they are both great deals.

13. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Larry 2008 is a lot lighter then the past.

14. larryb52

and it loads no slower than Nod so I can live with the loading & I respect their technology on Deepguard, it is about protection so if it takes an extra minute to load no problem...

15. zfactor

really it doesnt take longer at boot up than nod? or ess? if so then i def have something wrong with my version or something. my f-secure took FOREVER when initially booting up i mean the hard drive light was on and i could not really do anything for like 5-10 minutes on a fresh vista premium install ... i would have loved to stay with f-secure if it was not for the long wait times. i reboot often as opposed to it sleeping as i move my laptop a lot and dont want it on while in moving it around due to prying hands and eyes even with a password..

16. larryb52

no I get about a 3 minute load time & yes it's vista but I run a program called Tweak vista that I use to cut down alot of vistas crap. I have other programs that actually boot faster like Kav but it's only a minute faster not a big deal. The combo that took the longest is the Nodv3 AV & Outpost pro firewall was a good 5 minute boot...

17. ankupan

ankupan Registered Member

Hi,

any one having idea about licensing policy of F-Secure ?

Like if Kaspersky license not used, than it start automatically after three months.

but what is in F-Secure ?

18. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

licences start when you first install using it.

19. ankupan

ankupan Registered Member

means, even I can use it after one year or two year too ?

20. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

yep, as far as im aware.

im currently using a 2006 licence on 2008. (difference snapshot)

im a drwebber, just you remember that! :D

21. donrayden

donrayden Registered Member

the new f-secure 2008 beta supports vista 64bit. (actually only AV at this time, but the other components should be released soon for 64bit)

my problem with f-secure is the web scanner. you cannot stream flash videos atall. you have to wait until the video is completly downloaded before it can be played. can anyone confirm that?

22. zfactor

not sure about that but i do know i had issues watching large video files while testing f-secure..

23. s4u

s4u Registered Member

the new 2008 version is much lighter. I know that there are some new & updated parts being tested as we speak in the ISTP version. These mak the build even more smooth

24. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Here in the UK, some of the Banks, Barclays for example, offer F-Secure free if you on-line bank with them.

25. rayoflight

rayoflight Registered Member

I encountered the same issues with almost all http scanners:GData,KAV,Avast,BitDefender,F-Secure etc.Including reduced internet speed.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.