F-Secure Anti-virus issues...

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Kielty, Feb 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kielty

Kielty Registered Member

I have been running NOD32 V2.5 and Zonealarm Pro 6 (paid) and all has been well. My subscription to NOD32 is coming up and I have heard relatively good things about F-Secure AV. I have tried to install the trial version but my PC crashes everytime i boot after the software installs and requests a reboot to finish the installation. Does anyone know of any compatibility issues between these bits of software?

2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

You mean NOD32 and F-Secure? As usual, the recommendation is to pull any AV when trying another.

Blue

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I am running F-secure IS 2006 and haven't found any conflicts. But I am not running zonealarm either. and don't try to run two av's at the same time

4. Kielty

Kielty Registered Member

Sorry, i wasn't very clear. I have uninstalled NOD32 and tried to install F-Secure Anti-virus 2006 trial...

F-Secure doesn't seem to get along very well on my system.

I also use Acronis True Image and had to use the rescue cd and revert my hard drive to a previous state before F-Secure messed things up.

Anyone any idea why?

5. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

I've used it for 2 years now and its been very stable.Its definition updates are seemless.All i can say is there is something there or reminents of something conflicting.I've mixed in Kerio no problems.I did have one lockup when i rebooted after installing the new prevx 1.Prevx claims to protect against everything so it must use something that F-secure also uses.Not sure, other than this, stable and a few days ago, purposely let a trojan loose to test F-secure and i must say," it passed with flying colors".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.