F-Secure Anti-Virus for Workstations 7.11 - do I need SAS as well?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ChrisP, Apr 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisP

ChrisP Suspended Member

Im keen to get rid of any software I dont need. As Im running the above AV, do I need SAS as well?

Will this version of F-Secure protect me from modified / repacked / polymorphic trojans etc?

Cheers,

Chris

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

its always nice to have a second opintion.
    using sas as ondemand from time to time would could be a good idea but with f-secure your unlikely to need it.
    always felt safe with f-secure when i used to use it.
    im surprised that f-secure antivirus for workstation doesnt include f-secure deep guard.
    only the client secuirty does.
    quite a shame to not have deepguard.

3. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Yes, but if DeepGuard is not there then one layer of protection against such threats is lost. It will still protect against such threats when the scan engine is able to unpack the file (i.e. the file has a supported packer).

4. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

Same what Lodore said.
    I would also add Spybot for on-demand scans and in-advance immunization (don't use the TeaTimer & SDHelper features), and SpywareBlaster, both as prevention measures against spyware.

5. ChrisP

ChrisP Suspended Member

Thanks for the advice / replies. I think I will keep SAS Pro running for the time being. Is there a HIPS (or whatever it is called) that you think is good. I own a licence for SSM, but found it slowed the system so uninstalled it.

Cheers.

6. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

Currently using FSIS, which has a separate AS-module and HIPS, so if just using the FSAV keep SAS and maybe ThreatFire. I used it before switching to the :eek: :eek: :eek: suite only. ...just my 2c tho :D

7. kwg

kwg Registered Member

The current version of F-Secure's workstation product does include DeepGuard:

http://www.f-secure.com/export/system/fsgalleries/datasheets/fspsb_standard.pdf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.