F-Secure Anti-Virus Client Security 6.00

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Mortada, Jun 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mortada

Mortada Guest

Viruses and their variants are increasing by a factor of 10 new viruses a day. Spyware, adware and viruses are all tools directed by commercial and even criminal organisations to generate increasingly sophisticated, targeted attacks. Add to this the activities of a workforce that wants to take full advantage of modern technology and IT security management can be stretched to breaking point.

F-Secure has released a new major version of its flagship products, F-Secure Anti-Virus Client Security 6 and F-Secure Policy Manager 6. This combination goes beyond the standard endpoint security integration of virus protection, desktop firewall, spyware protection and network quarantine by introducing proactive features to protect company desktops and laptops against zero-day threats.

This new comprehensive solution maintains the highest level of protection no matter how people use their computers and networks. And while the protection level adapts to users behaviour, it’s good to remember that the administrators are still able to maintain control with a clear overview of the status of network protection.

--Unique features

* Intercepting threats in all traffic, including POP, IMAP, SMTP and HTTP
    * Network Quarantine to isolate computers with non-compliant security regardless of the location where they connect to network
    * Active application control which collects the list of used applications in the network for centralized policy creation
    * Integrated virus outbreak alert with monitoring of protection status in the network

--Features supporting Behavior Adaptive Security

* Automatic security level change when the laptop of a roaming user is connected to a network outside the corporate premises
    * Recognizing suspicious activities with system monitoring
    * Active application control
    * Global update fail-over for protection in case of local system failures
    * Finding known threats, no matter how they enter (file system, network traffic)
    * Network Quarantine to isolate computers with both Cisco Network Admission Control and Internet Quarantine[

the website : http://www.f-secure.com/news/newsletter/protected/17-336-2195.shtml

2. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

I was just about to post this :) I tested all the beta's before and it's working very nice, only downside is the huge amount of processes, but they all use very little memory tho...
    I'm not updating my RC2 to the final and will post some thoughts and screenshots from it later (if appriciated ofcource :p )

3. 50000000

50000000 Registered Member

is there any download link?

4. dog

dog Guest

5. 50000000

so its still beta :(

the new in this is antispyware

6. Mortada

Mortada Guest

I had in my Pc " F-Secure Anti-Virus Client Security 6.00 build 11241 " is it Beta ? and is there any new one after it ?

my regards
    Mortada

7. Sputnik

8. Sputnik

You're using RC2, v6.0.0.11251 is the final version :)

9. 50000000

WOW there is http scaner :)

10. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

I know that F-Secure's AV is considered to be very good, but can those of you who are using the Client Security suite provide your opinions about its firewall and anti-spyware?

~pv

11. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

One question - Suppose I own F-Secure Client Security v5, then do I get a free upgrade to v6? or do I have to pay? :)

12. Sputnik

It's free, you get all F-Secure upgrades for free as long your license is valid :)

13. Firecat

Even if I have the home version of F-Secure?

14. pvsurfer

I don't believe so Firecat... As far as I can tell, you get a 1-year (renewable) license with each of their products and (during your license period) can only update to the latest version of the specific products you now have a license to use!

15. Firecat

So if I buy FSAV 2005, I need to pay to upgrade to FSAV 2006? o_O

16. pvsurfer

No, that's not what I meant to convey. Using your example, you would be able to upgrade (at no charge) to FSAV 2006 if it's released during the time that you still have an unexpired license for FSAV 2005.

What I intended to convey was that you can not upgrade (free of charge) from one product to a different product and certainly not from a home product to a corp product (e.g., from FSAV/FSIS 2005 to FSCS 6).

Last edited: Jul 1, 2005
  17. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

F-Secure use the Ad-Aware, so its detection on Spyware isn't nothing special...

The antivirus is very good, but its resources are unacceptable...

18. pvsurfer

Hmm, what do you consider unacceptable?

19. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

The RAM and CPU usage by F-Secure...

20. pvsurfer

Yeah, I realize that VC, but what I meant was can you specify excessive in terms of the amount of RAM/CPU utilization?

And on a comparative basis, is it more excessive than KAV for example? o_O

21. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I don't remember specifically, but I tried, in May, the F-Secure Internet Security 2005 and uninstall it immediately because of what I have said...

On my system, is much more excessive than KAV...

22. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I had f-secure internet security 2005 on this comp for about two hours before I uninstalled it. The resource drain is extremely excessive. I am running a P4 3.0 processor and one gig of ram and it still drug my system down where as Kav doesn't drag this comp at all.

23. pvsurfer

Whoa! ... that sure doesn't speak well for F-Secure. :doubt:

Last edited: Jul 2, 2005
  24. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Yep that is what I thought :doubt:

25. Sputnik

I never had such big problems with F-Secure... I've an AMD 2200+ and only 512mb of Ram... Although I've to admit that it seems that F-Secure runs better on AMD systems :eek:

On my machine KAV drags much more then F-Secure does, so it's different of every system :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.