F-secure and The cleaner

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by waldo, Nov 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waldo

waldo Registered Member

I'm a proud owner of F-secure 5.41 and The cleaner 3.5.

My question is the following :

I know F-sec uses the same engine as Kaspersky & F-prot and "orion" for heuristic

Reading this forum you all seem to agree that Kaspersky gives strong protection against trojans...Does F-secure offers ther same level or is it less ?

If it is the same level (strong) do i realy need The Cleaner 3.5 ? Or is this overkill and only memory consumption ?

I also run ZA 4 pro and Ad-aware,spybot,Spywareblaster, spywareguard, script defender, registery prot (diamonds). I also have restricted browser settings.

2. illukka

illukka Spyware Fighter

i would say that f-secure offers at least99.50% of kav's protection.. biggest plus kav has is shutdown protection..
    they not only share same engine but updates as well, at least partially..
    i've heard that kav supports couple more file types than f-secure, but then f-secure's real time monitor is better than kav's, at least in resource consumption. also f-secure offers a simplier GUI and lesser tweaking/customisation than kav, for example excluding files is much easier with f-secure.. some think less tweaks/options is a plus, some want more options to configure.. in some 'shonky' tests f-secure has actually outperformed kav.. with a slight difference
    and both update daily, kav usually twice a day

the cleaner isn't generally considered a top3 anti trojan, but layered security is the gospel preached @wilders.. i'm one of the disciples.. so i say keep it! the cleaner is going for a major revision, or so i've read.. i assume it is going to get better.. i've trialed the cleaner ages ago, it failed then..
    i seem to remember it was not a resource hog..

3. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I agree,layered defense is a good idea IMO.

I'd keep the Cleaner.
    The new version is due for release some time this week.
    The Moosoft home page will be updated and the new version will then be available.

The Cleaner Professional 4.0 is a new/revised program.
    New icon,Stealth Mode,improved scan speeds are a few of the changes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.