F-Prot with Mozilla and Firefox

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by tsehov, Dec 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsehov

tsehov Registered Member

I wonder if anyone else but me has this strange issue with F-Prot for win 3.16a and Mozilla 1.7.3 or Firefox 1.0.

Problem is: when I download for instance eicar.com test file by right clicking and 'Save link target as ..' F-Prot Real Time Protection does not detect the virus and it actually lets me download and save the file and furthermore run it later from the location I saved it. But when I download a virus file by left clicking RTP detects it rightaway before downloading it and will not allow me to save it nor run it later. This issue happens only with Mozilla and Firefox, IE and Opera work properly with F-Prot. I have tested also with other viruses and malwares and everything goes just like with eicar file.

Yesterday I sent an e-mail to f-prot support about this issue and today they answered with a polite message saying that they could not reproduce the situation with Firefox. Anyway my message has been sent to one of their developers who is going to take a look at this problem.

I would appreciate a lot if someone here who has both F-Prot 3.16a for Windows and Mozilla and/or Firefox could do a little test with eicar.com file and then report it here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.