F-Prot version 6 (beta) has been released

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Lordman, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. comma dor dash

comma dor dash Registered Member

"w[h]ere is the proof that you warned about this problem years ago"

Have a look at Trojaner Board archive ... http://www.trojaner-board.de/archive/index.php/t-610.html

Prior to 2002, I used different nicknames that I won't tell you.

" So basically you are creating new malware - we should get you arrested."

But I don't spread it. What a no-brainer.

" Because I don't see any solution proposal from your side."

READ our website. We frequently propose solutions and, sometimes, developers even listen to us.

As regards your scanner: what do you expect? Do you want me to code the entire unpacking engine for you because you lack the skills?

"Why you don't work for some security company?"

I have a job that is better paid and, moreover, I may not have the skills. Because your skills are also very limited I suggest that you look at another job as well.

2. Stefan Kurtzhals

Stefan Kurtzhals AV Expert

I don't believe that you don't spread them and you gave the reason for that by yourself. If you did nothing wrong why not give your real name? Here and now!

3. comma dor dash

I do not care whether you believe it or not. And I won't help you to play your tricks on me. There is only one reason why you want to know me name. You want to use this information against me.

4. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

My friends, sometimes the best reply is not reply...

And this Topic is about the beta version of F-Prot ;)

I will take a look at the beta version when some time, because I like the resources that he use, and hope this have some features that the stable version lacks...

5. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

Why a big jump from v3.16f to v6? No v4? Last I heard was they were developing v4.

6. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

The engine is still on v4, but the GUI and whole project are v6.0.

7. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Long, trial subscription key of 3 months :cool:

Attached Files:

8. dw2108

dw2108 Registered Member

Is F-Prot going to provide a BETA for WIN 98 SE users? My reason for asking is, if we have to live much longer with version 3.16f, then FRISK is going to lose a very large portion of its customers, even if an anti-spyware module is offered freely to us. BTW, what does FRISK regard as a Trojan? A great deal of highly destructive spyware is ipso facto Trojan!

9. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Did I read and see well or this version only support the Outlook email client and the IE browser!? :(
    And the others!?

We can't set what files should the active scanner check, on the manual scanner we can't define what the AV should do when found a threat...

Despite of the nice GUI, I'm disappointed with this new version...

10. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

I would definitely recommend that the DEFAULT setting for dealing with a Virus is changed from the Recommended setting of "Disinfect, quarantine if unsuccessful" to "Report Only" or a new "Ask User". Particularly, when after installing it carries out an on-demand scan.

It picked up several false positives here. Where do we send bug reports and false positives of the beta?

Attached Files:

11. marcromero

marcromero Guest

Does this beta use incremental updates or require a license key to download and install ? Will my current F-Prot license key work ?

12. Inspector Clouseau

Inspector Clouseau AV Expert

please send things related to engine/viruses to me (see previous post for email) and be so kind to include my private email into CC when writing. As for false positives it goes to viruslab [at] f-prot [dot] com (when you include me here as well into cc i make sure that they are getting fixed ASAP by walking into the viruslab and screaming there loud :D )

13. Inspector Clouseau

Inspector Clouseau AV Expert

I really don't know who uploaded the file on our public FTP server, nor Fridrik does. It was actually not supposed to be there this week since this is NOT the final v6 beta version. So basically we've decided now (just in this moment) to remove it from there before it causes more confusion.

Mike

14. comma dor dash

That's typical:

I'm stupid, do not know anything, always make mistakes and spread malware.

And the developers are perfect, know everything and have everything fully under control.

15. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Having said that we will bring this thread to a close and remove the link from the first post.

Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.