F-Prot Forum?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Littlemutt, Oct 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Littlemutt

Littlemutt Guest

I just installed the Beta of F-Prot, and am wondering if there are any forums related to F-Prot ? I've not found any on the F-Prot site.

So far, its running smoothly, and is much quicker than KAV on my machine.

WinXP SP2/650Mhz AMD Athlon (old I know), 512meg ATI 9500Pro 128meg vid
    Hmm can't seem to find anywhere in F-Prot for the version info:

Thanks

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20061021 Minefield/3.0a1 Firefox ID:2006102104 [cairo]

2. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

No forums that I know of except the occasional post here at Wilders. I agree the Beta runs great and has much better heuristics than version 3.16f. Just use the advanced search function at the top and you will find several posts on F-Prot. Also check out AV Comparatives site, they did a special test on this version and it did very well: http://www.av-comparatives.org/..cheers:cool:

3. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Mike ( Inspector Closeau here) set up a forum here which included a section on F-Prot but not many users so far.

Maybe when the beta goes gold and the Home customer base increases then a Forum will take off.

However, official support is superb. For example they have a Beta FAQ section on the main site. And as Mongol pointed out, quite a few past threads here at Wilders on F-Prot for you to take a look at.

4. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

Smooth as this Beta has been running on my work laptop and the lack of complaints I have read here at Wilders I would think the final release should be soon...:eek: :)

5. Littlemutt

Littlemutt Guest

Thanks for the replies. I've already run into issues. The program freezes at the end of a scan. I have to kill the process 'Not responding' to get the window to close.

Hanging application FPWin.exe, version 1.0.0.29, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20061021 Minefield/3.0a1 Firefox ID:2006102104 [cairo]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.