F-PROT for DOS Command Switches

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by russmus, Mar 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. russmus

russmus Registered Member

Hello fellow tech support enthusiasts and "want to learn" newbies. That would be me.

My question concerns turning off the switches in F-Prot for DOS. I have been using this program as a backup scanner through two iterations and found it excellent. However, the latest version (3.14e) scans with switches /ARCHIVE /PACKED enabled. Previously, with version (3.14b) switches were set to <none>. The scan is taking a little longer than before and I would like to learn how to enable/disable the various commands available. I am running Windows 98 SE and IE 6.0 Can anyone help or steer me in the right direction.

Thank you for any help recieved.

Russ

2. wizard

wizard Registered Member

Just go into Options and disable the specific points you don't want to use, e.g. Scan Inside Archives, by using the space bar.

BTW a complete overview of all switches can be found in the file COMMAND.TXT which comes with F-Prot. :)

wizard

3. russmus

russmus Registered Member

Thank You wizard.

I was looking for a complicated, convoluted solution to my problem when the answer was right under my nose.
    Simplicity rules. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.