F-Prot and MSN

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ChromeX, Jul 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChromeX

ChromeX Registered Member

How do I set F-Prot checking the files i got through MSN but without opening the GUI, i mean make a silent scan. is that possible? maybe i have to use the command like fprot.exe /silent ?

2. Pigman

Pigman Registered Member

Well, the trial version's Realtime Protector has an option called "scan files over network"... maybe that's what you're talking about? YOu do need Win9x to enable it, though.

3. ChromeX

no, i don't need the network scanning, but only to scan the files recieved through MSN, like Norton does, but norton doesnt opens the dialog showing you that the scan was complete, it does the silent scan.

4. jim_k

jim_k Registered Member

I recommend using the Windows based scanner for this (FP-Win.exe). If you use the command line scanner, the Real Time protector may block access to the file and make F-Prot think everything is clean.

Try this: C:\Program Files\FSI\F-Prot\FP-WIN.exe /ai /disinf /saferemove /auto /quit

The window will still open, but it will close automatically if nothing is found.

Real Time Protector will provide enough protection, since it will alert you as soon as the file is saved to disk. It won't let you open the file.

All command line options: http://www.f-prot.com/support/windows/com_line_fpwin.html

5. ChromeX

that's what i was searching for!! :D

6. ChromeX

when i put this in MSN after i recieved the file, f-prot is starting to scan it, but eeeor msg comes:
    all or part of the path is invalid

what's wrong?

7. Arin

Arin Registered Member

dear ChomeX, thats probably because you missed the scan path. don't forget to mention the path of that file alongwith your command line switches.

8. ChromeX

how can i put the scan path in the MSN Properties?

9. Arin

Arin Registered Member

10. ChromeX

i already saw that site, but didnt work!!

i have this in the messenger now: "C:\Programmi\FSI\F-Prot\FP-Win.exe"

when i add it like this: "C:\Programmi\FSI\F-Prot\FP-Win.exe /NORMAL=PATH /heur /ai /packed /archive /dumb /disinf /quit"
    where PATH is the path of my recieved files, i get an error that the dir cannot be found! When i remove the dir, it begins to scan the whole HD when i recieve any files through MSN and application freezes

11. Arin

Arin Registered Member

dear ChromeX, this is quite abnormal. i'll go home, check a few things and post a message later. sorry but you can also try a different approach. open up ADVANCED in On-Demand scanner and create a profile which checks the MSN download files. now add the profile like this.

C:\Programmi\FSI\F-Prot\FP-Win.exe /ADVANCED=PROFILE /quit no path will be needed now. just make sure you configured the advanced scanner correctly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.