F-Prot 4 for Windows without antispyware embedded

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Windfresh, Dec 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Windfresh

Windfresh Registered Member

New F-Prot 4 will not have an anti-spyware module imbedded.Here is an extract of the reply I got from Frisk:

The next version of F-Prot Antivirus will not include an antispyware scanner
    but we are preparing an antispyware stand-alone product which we should be
    able to embed with our antivirus scanner in the future.

There are no current plans to include a firewall in upcoming versions but
    this is something which we plan to implement in the future.

The concept of Zero Time Protection is rather ambiguous. We will (and
    currently do) offer a RealTime Protection with a heuristic engine which is
    able to detect viruses before they are recognized. We have also a 24/7 virus
    department operating which has a good reputation for immediate responses to
    current virus threats.

Due to all me respect for F-Prot ,I have to point that a new AV of 2006 without antispyware module is nonsense.
    I do hope that Antispyware from Frisk will be a free application for commercial version of F-Prot 4.

2. jmschwartz

jmschwartz Guest

Hello,

Thanks for the update, Windfresh. :D

So far, I use F-Prot in tandem with Ewido (lifetime paid) and have had no problems with spyware on my system.

If F-Prot DOES in the future offer a spyware module, I hope it is at least as good as, if not better than, the already-available (and often free) programs.

3. jim_k

jim_k Registered Member

This doesn't surprise me because they never even hinted they would integrate a firewall or antispyware app.

I'm glad they are staying away from the suite products because not everyone wants to be forced into using them. This is especially good for people with older computers. Even with newer computers, it is amazing how much they speed up after removing bloated security products and replacing them with something lightweight such as F-Prot.

4. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Agree totally. I especially do not like an AV that forces a firewall module on the user.

5. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Just a small question :)

If an application did not force a firewall on you, but rather asked you whether you wanted it during install, would it be OK with you? :)

6. kkkkkkkkk

kkkkkkkkk Guest

I do not know if im wrong or not but it seems that F-prot does not keep up with competitng products for a long time.
    I can see that because they do not release very often new versions, upgrades etc.
    F-prot was almost the same 2-3 years ago with engine modifications but I do not see reason why not to implement anti-spywareo_O?

Also on Jotti it miss samples very often as I could see.

7. iwod

iwod Registered Member

the problem with f prot 4 is that it won't be out before 2010........

8. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

If I felt that the price of the firewall was built into the price of the suite, thereby causing me to pay a significant extra cost whether I used the firewall or not, then I probably would NOT buy such a package. I don't like being forced (in effect) to pay for something I won't use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.