F-Prot 3.15 :(

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Arin, Jul 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arin

Arin Registered Member

the latest version from Fridrik says a file cs_cpl.dll is infected with an unknown virus. of course its a FP. the file is from PECompact2 installation. right-click scan doesn't generate this alarm. full system scanning has this problem. also F-Prot can't handle max compression locked RAR files. they still haven't fixed this old problem yet.

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Maybe in new version 4!

3. jim_k

jim_k Registered Member

Send the file to their virus lab and tell them that this is a false positive. You should be clear that it is not a virus/trojan. Submit the file here.

I believe F-Prot 4 will support more runtime executable unpacker and file compression systems. This is a major change that you usually won't find in minor updates to the product. We will know for sure when it is finally released. I hope they will release a beta version soon.

Remember that support for compressed archives (such as RAR) is not critical because you must unpack the files before opening them. The scanner would find any viruses as soon as they were extracted from the archive. It's a nice feature to have, but it isn't critical.

4. Arin

Arin Registered Member

dear jim_k, i did that already and i'm sure its a FP. trust me i've fiddled around these things long enough to know these. yes i also know about this archive scanning thing thats why i never mentioned it being a critical bug :) i found better overhauling before with minor upgrades.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.