F-Port Real time protection

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by wildman, Mar 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wildman

wildman Registered Member

o_O I now have F-Port installed on my machine. I have noticed that if I exit real time protection my responses while on the WEB are fairly quick. With real time protection activated my responses while on the WEB are noticeably slower. Suggestions?

Older Machine: Compaq Presario 5070.
    O/S = Windows 98.
    32MB memory with a 128MB memory expansion board = 160MB memory.
    Use dial-up 56K modem. Broswer is Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 SP1.

Thanks
    Wildman
    :p :D :eek:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2005
  2. vincevega

vincevega Registered Member

What are the specs on your machine?

3. SDS909

SDS909 Guest

Holy crap thats an old machine.. I'm afraid almost anything you do on it will cause a slowdown. o_O

4. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

We have some such arhaic machines in school and they are running F-Secure antivirus. They don't have any extended memory so 32MB RAM is max. And they seem to work ok heh.

5. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

The new, renamed F-Prot 4!
    1. Is this slowing down by the enabled RTM seen in general or just when you are using the Internet? Users here have commented upon general slowdowns with version 3.16.

Unless you are using the default settings of the Monitor, change your present settings to scanning of All Known file types.

The Update Monitor; fpavupdm.exe may also be slowing you down when surfing. Disable this.

You may also have a conflict between the Real Time Protector of F-Prot and one of your other programs in your system tray when you go on-line?

2. Most of the above are shots in the dark. So much better advice would be to contact Frisk support who are generally excellent; http://www.f-prot.com/support/contact_support.html

3. If all else fails, try another very 'light' AV, which has a chance of running on your system; e.g. Dr Web; http://solutions.drweb.com/home/win/

Good Luck.

Edit. You have completely uninstalled your previous AV and not simply disabled it while trialing F-Prot?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2005
  6. wildman

wildman Registered Member

o_O I think I may be o.k. Seeing as how I use dial-up, I am not always connected to the WEB, an with Win Patrol an Big Fix always activated, this just might be sufficient. With exciting real time protection (not disabling it), I appear to have no problems. I haven't had any viruses for a very long time either, so I guess I can stop being paranoid. Previous anti virus program is bye bye (completely), make a guess as to which one it was!

Thanks
    Wildman
    :D :cool: :p ;) :rolleyes: :eek: :D

Last edited: Mar 29, 2005
  7. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

That's pretty neat :p Bisides of that you don't see F-Secure on schools to often... :p ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.