EZ Armour (Etrust)

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by mikel108, Feb 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikel108

mikel108 Registered Member

I just recieved my final FINAL notice from ETrust regarding my one year trial I had of EZ Armour. I have 2 weeks to pay 19.99 or they will never talk about it again to me.

When I went to the site to take a look at what they have been doing lately, I noticed that EZ Antivirus is the new interface (v7), yet EZ Armour is still the old (boring) interface. I was wondering why they have not updated EZ Armour to the new interface yet??

2. mikel108

Since I am getting sooooo many replies, I now understand why they gave it away free. Just so they would have a reason to make updates. Is EZ that bad of a program??

3. Ianb

Ianb Registered Member

It has a very poor detection rate.

4. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

I wouldn't say VERY poor; but its acquisition of PestPatrol is the only thing that makes it part of the market!

5. Ianb

Ianb Registered Member

6. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Sorry I was not ignoring you see below:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=64087&page=1&pp=25

my post number 14 and your reply at post number 20 and also me at post 49.

I do not really care for suites and this one is just not for me. Have you a change of heart or just not sure at this point. I am running AVG FE until the mood strikes me to do different or I decide which pay AV will do best and relatively cheaply on my old compaq. I hope this offers you some assistance. ;)

7. Arin

Arin Registered Member

EZ has the VET scanning engine. thats not bad, infact this is the best thing about it.
    the latest eTrust 2005 is unconfigurable.

8. mikel108

Hi mercurie,

I was just curious as to what Etrust had been up to. I was also surprized that they did not include the new interface yet with EZ Armour. It has been out for a few months, and is quite an improvement. I hear so little about this program. They are such a big company, you would think that they would be more widely used. I never really understood why they would give it away free. If they could afford to do this, you would think that they would have an agreement where someone like Dell would include it in their packages.

9. shemmazur

shemmazur Guest

Armor 3.1 now includes EZ AV 7.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.