Eyewonder block needed

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by TOADFROG, Dec 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TOADFROG

TOADFROG Registered Member

Eyewonder kicks up irritating sound & video ads similar to macromedia. "Eyeris is the backbone of EyeWonder's technology, an encoding algorithm that supports Web, E-mail and wireless environments from narrowband up. EyeWonder is Java-based streaming media technology. The procedure for all EyeWonder audio/video files begins with the encoding (compressing) process via the Eyeris technology into .EYE files. " www.eyewonder.com/

Now they're encroaching on AIM. I sure would be nice of spyblaster could block this plague like it does macromedia.

Thanks for considering my request.
    Bob

2. John F

John F Guest

xlonhcld.xlontech.net is the offending URL to block.

Use Webwasher or other

3. TOADFROG

TOADFROG Registered Member

Thanks for the comeback. I tried that and several variations in ad-subtract, but the eyewonder animations still come thru. Fortunately google toolbar blocks the pop-ups they kick up.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey ToadFrog,

If your an IE user....you could add....xlonhcld.xlontech.net....to the Restricted Zone where by default everything is disabled.

Edit: Sp

5. anonymous1

anonymous1 Guest

here, use my hostfile please. it should take care of most Flash and eyewonder. Use it in conjunction with Mozilla Firefox browser (blocks pop ups by default) and it will change your web surfing experience (be sure to uninstall or disable Flash as well -- you can just destroy everything you find called flash.ocx or swflash.ocx):

127.0.0.1 localhost
    0.0.0.0 download.macromedia.com
    0.0.0.0 *.macromedia.com
    0.0.0.0 macromedia.com
    0.0.0.0 www.macromedia.com
    0.0.0.0 xlonhcld.xlontech.net
    0.0.0.0 *.xlonhcld.xlontech.net
    0.0.0.0 *.xlontech.net
    0.0.0.0 *.eyewonder.com
    0.0.0.0 eyewonder.com
    0.0.0.0 download.eyewonder.com

6. dak

dak Registered Member

I didn't think wildcards worked in the HOSTS file?

If they did then dual entries wouldn't be needed (like "example.com" and "www.example.com"), right?

And your entries of "*.macromedia.com", "*.xlontech.net" and "*.eyewonder.com" should have blocked "download.macromedia.com & www.macromedia.com", "*.xlonhcld.xlontech.net" and "download.eyewonder.com", respectively.

--
    dak

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.