Extracting single files from an image?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Tri-City-Maniac, Jan 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tri-City-Maniac

Tri-City-Maniac Registered Member

Hi,

simple question ... how to extract single files out of an acronis trueimage image? i set up a new windows xp installtion und i wanna have some older files of my earlier images ... is there a special tool or must i use trueimage?

Cu

Tri-City-Maniac

2. USAAlone

USAAlone Registered Member

Hi,

Select plug image from version 8 and mount image from version 9 and 10.

Happy New Year!!

USAAlone

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

And then copy the desired files from the "plugged" or "mounted" drive/image. :)

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Tri-City-Maniac,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that if you use version 8.0 of Acronis True Image the only way to restore separate files/folders from the image archive is to use "Plug Image" tool to mount the image archive as a virtual drive and then use Windows Explorer or other file managers to view the image contents and copy needed files/folders.

Acronis True Image 9.0 Home and Acronis True Image 10.0 Home also allow you to mount the image archive as a virtual drive. In addition, these versions of Acronis True Image have the ability to restore selected files and folders from backup archives. Please check chapter 6.2 "Restoring files and folders from file archives" in the Acronis True Image 9.0 Home and Acronis True Image 10.0 Home User's Guide for more information.

Please also be aware that only backup archive of disks/partitions can be mounted.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.