Extract Image From Secure Zone

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by drac, Jul 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drac

drac Registered Member

Can I extract an image from the Secure Zone partition so I can copy it to a DVD?

It seems from the docs that I cannot backup the ENTIRE hard drive and put the resulting TIB into one of the partitions I am backing up. If I do not back up the entire hard drive apparently some info is missing that would make it impossible to restore the entire disk from the backup to a blank (formatted but empty) hard drive.

Backing up to the Secure Zone solves the problem except now I cannot get the TIB out of it to copy to DVD. I could create another partition and back up to it and not include it in the backup but then I might not be able to restore the entire hard disk because I did not back it all up.

Hopefully I am just having a problem understanding what I need to do and the problem is not with TI.

SUMMARY: I want to make a backup of ALL the partitions on the hard drive (except the secure zone) and then write the TIB to a DVD. I can create a partition just to hold the TIB, but then why would I need the Secure Zone? Also if I omit the special partition, will the resulting TIB correctly create the entire system on a blank hard disk?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello drac,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

No, You cannot copy the image file from Acronis Secure Zone.

Please note that you can create an inage of the entire hard drive to Acronis Secure Zone, after a system crash you can boot from CD and restore your image from Acronis Secure Zone.

You can also create an image of the entire hard drive (excluding Secure Zone) or delete Secure Zone, and then create an image to DVD. Please follow the next link to get more information about writing on DVD: http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/faq.html#20.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.