extract files from a .tib that won't mount; will pay

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by saddy, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saddy

saddy Registered Member

i have a recent mishap with a backup, and i'd pay for a solution. but as a student, i hope the solution is a freely available one – but my offer still stands.

please take a look at this thread.

appreciate all the expert help i can get..

2. pandlouk

pandlouk Registered Member

Have you performed a disk check (CHKDSK) on the partition/drive where your .tib back up was created?

Panagiotis

3. chris2busy

chris2busy Registered Member

Well...i am gonna suggest something more "intuitive" than the others in your previous threads...vmware supports virtual machine import also from acronis true image backup files..download a free trial of vmware and go :
    file>import or export> in source type drop down box select "other" and then browse and find the .tib you want to give a try...if this operation is successfull you will have the image restored to a nice virtual environment..all you then have to do is install vmware tools in the virtual machine ( VM>install vmware tools) and then you can get your data to your normal hard drive with a simple copy>paste...hell you can even re-image the whole OS from within the virtual environment if successfull...a little timetaking but could be well worth the shot :)
    Cheers !

4. saddy

saddy Registered Member

i'm currently doing data recovery on the hard disks that ever held the files i have lost to the tib. after that, i'll definitely give your suggestion a try.

one question: the tib file is not an image of a partition, but rather, it was created with TI by selecting the "my data" method (selecting folders i wanted to back up). would vmware still be able to import it since it's not a partition image?

5. chris2busy

hmmm....i did not notice that it was data partition that you had backed up..maybe you'll need to try converting it with a trial of vmware converter..
    Hope this works for you :p if anything else creative pops up into my mind i'll let you know :)

6. saddy

saddy Registered Member

will try. thanks! :thumb:

7. saddy

saddy Registered Member

when trying to load the file for conversion, vmware converter tells me that the tib file may be corrupted.

8. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

Perhaps this old post from right here at Wilders may help.

9. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

10. chris2busy

Hello...its sad it didn't work for you..acronis vmware echo for servers has an option to convert .tib to other virtual formats(like for vmware or ms virtual pc) and it is designed for acronis images..so i guess it will be more reliable for you...if the demo version of it is restricting this feature,i guess you could contact their support and they would probably create you a temporary licence for like 5 days to solve your problem(since its their product's mistake too)..i hope this helps.

11. saddy

saddy Registered Member

tried copying it to another partition but it still wouldn't open. once i get access to another computer, i'll definitely try it again.

12. saddy

saddy Registered Member

their encrypted data recovery seems promising. will keep this in mind.

i have directed acronis support to this thread and the other one in hope of getting some tools that'd allow me to at least extract parts of the file that are not corrupted.

if that doesn't happen, i think the recovery service may just be it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.