ExtFS 9.0 for Mac extremely slow with high CPU utilisation

Discussion in 'NTFS for Mac & ExtFS for Mac' started by edvar, Mar 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edvar

edvar Registered Member

I dual boot Ubuntu and Mac OS X on a brand new Mac Mini (late 2012) with OS X 10.8 and use a 2Tb external drive formatted as EXT4 with lots of large files.

The copy of a 3Gb file to the ext4 external drive takes 30min on Mountain Lion and 48s on Ubuntu. A copy of a 5Gb file takes 48min and drives the CPU of the (quad)Core i7 processor to 100%. The whole computer slows down to barely unusable during the copy. Not to mention the file is duplicated at the destination folder with the same name or some times as a hidden file named "._name.extension".

I had this problem for a while with version 8.0 and purchased the new version 9.0 of ExtFS only because I thought it would fix the issue. It was a waste of my money as the problem still persists.

Paragon advertises here:

https://www.paragon-software.com/home/extfs-mac/features.html

-Unprecedented high level of performance thanks to the Paragon UFSD™ technology
    -Fast and transparent access to any ExtFS partition under Mac® OS XTM
    -Improved stability and performance

And so far I didn't get any of those... Dos anyone have the same problem?

2. jthayer2

jthayer2 Registered Member

I too get HORRIBLE transfer speed from my mac to an external EXT3 hard drive through Paragon. I have no idea how to reconcile this problem, I feel like I've tried everything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.