External USB DVD Burner not seen

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tharne, Mar 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tharne

tharne Registered Member

I'm using True Image Home v10.0 and after booting with CD Boot Media, I'm not seeing my external DVD burner when I attempt to save the Backup Image to that drive. I see the external USB DVD burner in the list of bootup devices. It will recognize my external USB Hard Drive and I'm able to save a Backup Image to that device. I have a Dell PowerEdge 2950 Server with Windows 2000 Server SP4. I would appreciate any help you may have.

Thank you,
    Tony

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. BjoernEgger

BjoernEgger Registered Member

Re: External USB (DVD Burner) Harddisk not seen

Hello

In my case the external USB-harddisk is not found on startup with acronis cd. Sometimes, when starting restore manager, my laptop will reboot after the first click on the proceed-button. I have the lateast build vor TI 10, I downloaded it yesterday...

Help will be gladly appreciated.

4. Acronis Support

Re: External USB (DVD Burner) Harddisk not seen

Hello BjoernEgger,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

In order to investigate the issue we will need some additional information from you. Could you please do the following?

- Create Acronis Report and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Please keep your external USB hard drive connected while creating Acronis Report and Linux system information;

- Provide the exact vendor and model of the hard drive you use.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

5. BjoernEgger

Sorry I forgot to mention two things:

1. TI is running on a notebook from HP, I would need a USB diskette drive (I don't have one) where maybe the same problem would occur.

2. I don't use a normal usb hardisk, but an internal ide harddisk, connected with the appropriate usb adapter. Harddisk is a Maxtor 120 GB drive, 6Y120P0.

But I will look deeper into "Please read before you post"

Thanks

6. Acronis Support

7. BjoernEgger

Hello again and sorry for the delay...
    and also sorry for bothering you at all.

I think I accidentally came across the solution, when I connected a different IDE drive to the USB-adapter. Booting from the Acronis Cd and getting access to the USB drive worked fine. I then remembered that I had used the IDE drive, that the cd couldn't find, in an old pc, which couldn't handle its size. I set the jumper on capacity limit and repartionened the whole harddrive using a drive overlay software. I think that's why it causes this trouble now although under xp and jumpered master on the USB-adapter I get access to all partitions and data.

Thank you very much

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.