External USB drives & Bood Acronis CD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jimklein, Aug 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimklein

jimklein Registered Member

(9.0 Home)

After I create & boot the Acronis boot CD I cannot see my USB drives where my PC images are stored.

I've tried this on a Dell GX260 (tower) & a brand new Dell D620 (notebook).

Much Thanks,
    Jim

2. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

Hello Jim,

If your external is not seen from rescue environment, try the following workarounds in connection with booting into rescue environment:

- apply the "quiet acpi=off noapic" parameter as detailed in the Please Read Before You Post sticky;
    - disconnect every unneeded USB device;
    - don't use an USB hub, plug the external direcly, possibly to a rear panel port (on desktop);
    - connect and power up the external drive before booting from Rescue CD (or after the CD drive starts if the external drive is set on top of the boot order list);
    - wait for a minute on the selection screen to give time to the external to initialize before proceeding;
    - select the Safe version of TI instead of the more common Full.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jimklein,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

First of all, please make sure that the bootable CD is created with the latest build (3677) of Acronis True Image 9.0 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software.

If the issue persists and bVolk's advice does not help, please boot from the Acronis True Image Bootable CD and create Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post. Provide us with the model and vendor of the USB external hard drive you use. Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected sysinfo.txt file and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

4. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

Or build a BartPe disk http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/
    with one of Mustang's plugins http://www.mechrest.com/plugins/
    . You've just found one of the limitations of the Linux Rescue CD environment, it doesn't have all the drivers needed to support USB external drives, Sata drives etc. BartPE is a windows based environment. Search the forum and you will find numerous reports of these types of issues. TI from B3567 onward also includes a plugin for BartPE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.