External Hd help

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by philip41, Dec 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. philip41

philip41 Registered Member

Hi guys, installed TI 8 with the latest build.
    I have created and tested the rescue boot disk yesterday, all was fine it detected my new 160 gb usb external hard drive, split into two partitions.
    However today i went to do a test restore of my drive F.
    So i booted from the rescue cd, at the (loading please wait) screen i got this message "usb device not accepting new address Error code #77 "
    After a few seconds TI loaded, i chose the restore option, the wizard came up, at this point i noticed that 1 of the partitions on the external hd was not showing, so i rebooted, the process started again but this time i got 2 of the above error codes, so entered the program, started the restore wizard, and this time neither of the partitions of the usb drive showed.
    I am running win XP pro sp2, i have the latest mobo drivers, windows always sees the new drive also.

Thanks in advance.

2. philip41

Ok i seem to have solved the problem.

The solution.

So that i could let partition magic create a new partition on the drive, i had to enable the boot from third boot device, in my case it was the 3rd drive the usb drive.
    Went back into the bios and reset it to none, it seems ok now.

3. Peter K.

Peter K. Registered Member

Hello,

I have the same problem but no sollution.

After loading...
    I have the following message:

usb.c: USB device not accepting new address=2 (error=-71)
    usb.c: USB device not accepting new address=3 (error=-71)

in the bios I have the following:

1st Boot Device: Cardreader
    2st Boot Device: CDROM
    3rd Boot Device: Hard disk
    Boot from other Device: Enabled

Pleas help, how can I fix these errors? :rolleyes:

Peter, Belgium

4. philip41

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

I too get the same error message with my Conceptronic USB2 6-in-1 memory card reader/writer connected (with or without a memory card inserted). This has been with me since TI version 6 (now 8 build 786) and, despite lots of feedback from myself, Acronis have been unable to come up with a fix. The only way around it is to leave the Conceptronic disconnected until required. Fortunately it's mounted externally so this is no big deal.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.