External HD clone

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by badguiz, Jan 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. badguiz

badguiz Guest

Hi all !

I have not purchase this software yet, I'm looking at all other possibilities.
    I want to upgrade my laptop HD with a bigger one. Would you tell me if
    what I want to do is possible with your software ? :

I want to put my new HD in an external enclosure, make a partition and
    format it in NTFS. Then, I would like to clone my HD to this new one (via
    the USB port). Does True Image is capable of doing this or not ? After
    cloning, the goal is of course to remove my old HD and replace it by the
    new one, then keeping working without reinstalling all my softwares, files etc.

Thanks for your advises.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello badguiz,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

The cloning to an external hard drive is possible. You don't need to create partitions on the destination drives because Acronis True Image removes them. During the cloning you will be asked whether you want to manage your partitions on the destination drive or not. Since you are transferring the system to a lrger drive I suppose you wish to do it. You will be allowed to set the sizes of all the partitions on the destination drives if you choose the "Manual mode". Otherwise the partitions will be increased proportionally.

You may read more information concerning the cloning process in the Chapter 7 of the User's Guide available at http://www.acronis.com/pdf/trueimage8.0_ug.en.pdf.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. badguiz

badguiz Guest

Sounds good !!! I think I'll purchase.

Thank you

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello badguiz,

If you have any other problems please feel free to contact Acronis Support Team either via this forum or by e-mail support@acronis.com.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.