Extension: Re-adds the options to disable Images, JavaScript, and the Tab Bar firefox

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Phil McCrevis, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phil McCrevis

Phil McCrevis Registered Member

2. sm1

sm1 Registered Member

3. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Looks interesting, I hope the developer will re-add other options as well in the future.

4. Orhin

Orhin Guest

I am so tired of being forced by Mozilla to be forced to add back all standard basic customization options with add-ons!

While it is great for all the One's who are still willing to use also a more restricted Firefox, i am for sure not one of them and rather stay with an outdated Version or use another Browser, but replacing ALL basic customizations.. No thanks, not understanding at all why there is the need for removing it in the first place...

Even Google Chrome allows a decision in the UI, for both, Javascript and DPI Settings, Firefox forces the DPI settings and does not display UI options anymore. Disappointing!

Anyway, nice finding and hopefully it helps people.

5. Phil McCrevis

Phil McCrevis Registered Member

I use this extension mainly with JonDoFox browsers. For my normal browsers I simply uninstalled firefox 23 (not the settings) and then installed firefox ESR current version is 17.0.8. Older version of firefox that still receives all the security updates (couldn't be happier)! Only took a few minutes and all the settings were exactly the same.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/organizations/all.html

6. Orhin

Orhin Guest

I know that of course, but when the next ESR is upcoming i am again facing the same Problem, then the ESR has that changes.

I am more moving into Palemoon or Cyberfox Direction, These Forks do have still all the killed UI Options which have been removed in the latest Firefox Options, and they will Keep them, no matter what.

Removing Basic Customization functions is a total no-go area for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.