Extendia (AVK)

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by eb_tide, Aug 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eb_tide

eb_tide Guest

Does anyone know if there would be any noticeable system slowdown running Extendia? The system is a 1.2GHz AMD Athlon with 256 Mb of memory running Win98SE. We also have Kerio and Proxomitron running in the background. Thanks.

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Have a look at an older thread in regard to this AV over here ;)

regards.

paul

3. crazykidjoe

crazykidjoe Registered Member

eb_tide, I use AVK as my on demand scanner. I have used it as my main scanner and with both AV's turned on, it's slows my system down. It has the same affect that Kav has on my system. I use KAV as my main AV configured not to slow my box down. Thanks c

4. JimIT

JimIT Registered Member

If you're talking about the regular Extendia AVK with the KAV engine only, it will run fine with that setup.

Extendia AVK PRO, with both RAV and KAV engines, would put more stress on your system, for sure.

5. eb_tide

eb_tide Guest

Thanks for the responses, everyone! JimIT: the software was store bought for less than $10.00, so I believe that it only has the KAV engine. Thanks for your response. I'll pass this info along.

6. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I have the pro version and I can't see any hit on my system ay all. I do have a little bigger system but still it runs very well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.