extendia avk pro

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by bibbe, Apr 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

Try using security tab. Scroll from highest to Medium setting. Run only one engine at time (on access). Uninstall any other ANTIVIRUS program.

Technodrome

2. krazykidjoe

krazykidjoe Guest

Technodrome, thanks. I deleted any possible leftovers from old av's and I have it reinstalled and running good atm. Why doe's it keep pinging my a:/drive. No matter what I do in explorer, it continues to ping my a:/drive. Can this be fixed? Thanks again for the help..k

3. Technodrome

Try to uncheck "Check system areas when chaging media' ( monitor Options).

Technodrome

4. krazykidjoe

krazykidjoe Guest

Technodrome, thanks for the support and reply. I just made the changes and it seems good..k

5. Anon

Anon Guest

Hi

Could someone please give me a link to a trial version as I can't seem to find it.

6. krazykidjoe

krazykidjoe Guest

Anon, I'm not sure that there is an English trial version. The program is about 31mbs. You can get it at CompUSA for $19.99..

7. Anon

Anon Guest

Hi.

I'm in the UK. That's disappointing there is no English trial. I always try before I buy. :(

8. Technodrome

Wall-Mart sells AVK for $7.50. Just saw it today. ;)

Technodrome

9. krazykidjoe

krazykidjoe Guest

I want a refund. I paid too much..LOL..

Anon, I can't see why you couldn't try one of our versions. As long as we don't give you the key. Lets see if the mods approve. If the mods approve, I would be glad to help you out..

10. root

root Registered Member

11. bibbe

bibbe Registered Member

Root I used your link and I got a German version, but I tried it and it worked allright on my computer, I didn´t feel the slowdown many talked about.

bibbe

12. Anon

Anon Guest

krazykidjoe, that would be really helpful of you. I would appreciate it.

That trial is also German for me. :mad:

13. krazykidjoe

krazykidjoe Guest

I figured out the culprit on why it was slow on my computer. After disabling Zone Alarm, it ran great. I have now uninstalled ZA and am again trying Looknstop..

Anon, drop me an email at krazykidjoe@comcast.net. Do you have a place for it. We can work it out over email..Thanks k

14. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I've been watching this thread with some curiosity.

Extendia runs two engines!
    I understand the theory and possible benefits for doing that.

How would some of you Extendia users rank it in your experiencers with other av programs?
    I'm just curious.

I hope that I don't sound too ignorant,but this program is unique with those particular engines!
    I've never heard of it before reading this thread.

15. krazykidjoe

krazykidjoe Guest

the Tester, I like it. The only problem with the 2 engines is that it uses alot of resources, so I usually only use the kav engine now. It also doesn't seem to play well with ZoneAlarm on my computer..

16. whyme

whyme Guest

I believe that version of extendia is not the pro version but the one that has just one engine(kav).

Still,a great price for a really good antivirus ;)

17. root

root Registered Member

Sorry about the bum steer. Since the site was in English, I assumed the download would be English.
    If they want to sell their product, it would be in their best interest to start doing a little localising. Competition is tough. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.