Exporting Settings to 5.2.9

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by devolic, Jul 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. devolic

devolic Registered Member

Can I export settings from 4.2.71.2 to to version 5.2.9 successfully? Is it the same engine and all that stuff or not?

Just also noticed that 4.2.71.13 is available. What are the changes since 71.2?

2. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Hello devolic :)
    To your first question, I don't have a answer. But if I were in your shoes, I would definitely upgrade Eset to the latest version to get the best protection, and then I would forget about exporting settings (to a xml.file), and insted let the new Eset Smart Security learn your system. I can only tell, that version 5 has run smoothly on my system without hiccups. (windows 7 64 Bit).
    The changelog for the latest version of Eset smart security 4 : Version 4.2.71
    Fix: Lockups on certain system configurations
    Fix: Memory leaks when gui stays maximized for a longer period of time
    Fix: Mail saved as Draft is scanned with antispam and moved to the Junk folder in Windows Live Mail
    Fix: ESET Firewall blocks wifi connection
    Added: Button for adding applications to the list of applications excluded from content filtering
    Added: Support for scanning SSL in Firefox 4
    Added: Support for SAGETECH Enterprise Right Management
    Added: Support for Cisco ASA WebSSL Smart Tunnel
    Added: Support for Parallels Virtuoso

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.