exploring an image doesnt work, PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jpete1, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpete1

jpete1 Registered Member

I created a back up on 12.21.2005 on a server 2003 with all the latest patches. the back up file is a little over 8 GB, the C partition is system partition and D partition is data, D drive has about 80 GB of free space. I backed up D partition to D partition and then transfered file to another Via FTP, FTP is not connected to internet for security but rather on the local network. When I try and "explore" image it wants to create a temp drive letter and I click next and it attempt to creave temp drive letter but fails. "cannot assign a drive letter to a partition from the image archive" is the message, I have even tried moving back up the C drive and exploring image but same error happens. I can however verify image without any issues. any idea's? I need to restore a single file but not entire partition. Help PLEASE!!!

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jpete1,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Server Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please verify the image archive by means of the Check Image tool.
    If the image archive appears to be consistent, please make a screen shot of the latest screen of the Explore Image wizard which contains the operation scenario.

Please also create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. jpete1

jpete1 Registered Member

I was forced to call support, problem was fixed, I was trying to restore to a partition that had the true image software installed and that caused issues. Everything is working fine. The problem I have now is I only wanted to purchase one support incident but on Order Number: 110745515
    Order Date: 02-JAN-06 I was charged for maintenance plan for $199.00 the credit card used was company card with name Timothy Dufour. can this be debited back minus the charge for a paid support incident? we dont even own the software as we are evalutaing software. We will probably be purchasing 10+ server licenses next quarter. As of right now the maintenace plan is useless as we only used 15 day trial. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.