explorer replacements

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by WSFuser, Jan 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

Thanks, Tommy! That does look pretty slick!

I just read a funny comment on a review of dopus. The sad thing I suppose, is that there are people out there who were brought up on windows XP, and have no clue what they are talking about...

"Do you miss having a proper file browser by default, such as the one in Windows 3.1? "

Yes, Yes, Yes!

-HandsOff!

2. King FN Kong

King FN Kong Registered Member

Thats why, you gota try them all. The only way to understand them is to try them.

I know what you mean mate, thats how mine is set up, thats how i work.

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/460/screenshot00035nr0.png

have you tried menuhack? it lets you have buttons on your toolbars which you cant otherwise have (not built in). thats one thing i think should be improved. to add any menu menu command, as a button, in any toolbar.

3. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

The menu button customization would be a nice feature in all programs that you use alot!

I just tried to download the Dopus manuals and this is what happens:
    (see below)

I feel this is strangely secretive / manipulative behavior which someone went to a lot of trouble to set up. Odd behavior with no explanation. I encounter that enough when I use programs. I think it's a bad sign if it starts before the program is even installed. Stuff like this has the result of my loosing faith in the integrety of the products makers. I've seen enough.

-HandsOff

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.