Explore Image Wizard doesn't work

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by zinman, Jan 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zinman

zinman Registered Member

Using XP Home SP2, TI 8 build 791. Today I created an image of four partitions covering ten CDs. No error messages, image "completed successfully." Using the Explore Image Wizard, I selected the appropriate file from the CD drive drop-down menu, but the "Next" button remained grayed out, so I couldn't complete the process. And the directory tree didn't show the appropriate file so that I could highlight it. Same result with the first and last volumes. What now?

2. gbark

gbark Registered Member

zinman,

Although not mentioned (at least I've never found it) in the manual, you can only browse image sets if all the individual sets (the original full image plus all the incrementals, if any) are located in a single partition. In other words, you'll need to copy all the individual *.tib image files to a single folder. :(

I have a separate hard disk that I use to create my initial complete image and then add weekly incremental images. I've set TI to limit file size to 700Mb so my initial image consists of around 10-12 files, and each incremental image is about 150Mb. I copy each file to CD's. I can fit several incremental images on one CD. Every 4 -6 months I archive the CD's and start over! TI creates the images w/o any user intervention and I can copy to CD at my convenience.

By leaving the images on the spare drive, I can browse whenever I need to and still have the security of off-line image storage on my CD's. :D

3. zinman

zinman Registered Member

Well, I guess that's one way to make it work, although I hoped it would be more flexible than that. Since I have a removable HD installed, I might try your method at least once. Thanks for the info.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello zinman,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

You can explore the image only if it resides on a single location. However if you have a CD with the full image and another CD with the incremental one you will be able to explore the full image. If it is splitted over several CDs you won't be able to do that. We expect that this option will be implemented in future versions of Acronis True Image.

Please note that you can verify image even if it is stored on several CDs. To do that please insert the last CD first and then follow the directions in wizard.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.