Explore Image just sits

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by cfourkays, Sep 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cfourkays

cfourkays Registered Member

XP/SP2 Home
    TI 8.0
    Clean, well maintained System. (My own)
    Tried to run Explore Image to get a deleted folder.
    .tib Backup located on second HD.
    Go through the steps and get to:
    "Processing, please wait.....
    Assigning letter to partition 1 of 1..."
    with the clock spinning.

Never wants to finish that operation.
    I've let it go up to 2 hours with nothing.
    Have to cold reboot the PC to get it to stop.

This is a great program :doubt: . So far, the only operation I've been able to accomplish is to backup to my second HD.
    I've coastered about 15 CD-R's. Everytime I get to the 5th or 6th CD, it says I've got poor media.
    Can't backup to DVD even with Nero and formatting.
    Can't add incremental backups, just sits there.

Now that I need to recover a folder, that doesn't even work.
    Any help on this last problem and suggestions on a better Imaging program.
    Pete

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello cfourkays,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build, which is available on our web site at updates page. To get access to updates you should register your software first at registration page. Please disable any download managers, internet download/connection boosters, etc. before the download.

Please ensure that the Windows registry contain the respective values in the UpperFilters registry keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} -> UpperFilters (PartMgr snapman)
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F} -> UpperFilters (VolSnap timounter snapman)

So, the "snapman" value must be present in both the registry keys and the "timounter" value must be present in the second one only. The other values may vary in different systems. If this values are missing please add the necessary values in Registry Editor (Start -> Run -> regedit).

If Windows does not boot after the registry modification, then Windows should be booted in Last Known Good Configuration.

Please install the below update with disabled logging and see whether the problem persists.

http://www.acronis.com/files/support/SnapAPI_s_e.exe

If the problem does persist, please enable logging by running the update once more, reproduce the program failure and send us the c:\snapapi.log file.

If the above doesn't help please download Acronis Report utility available at http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe and run it, create a report and send it to us? This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Please also do the following:

- Open Start\Programs\Accessories\System Tools\System Information;
    - Choose the "Save" option in the "File" menu (or "Action" menu under Windows 2000), enter the "File name" and set the field "Save as type" to "System Information File (*.NFO)";
    - Send us the saved file.

Please send gathered information to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Semyonov Vasily

3. cfourkays

cfourkays Registered Member

Performed the requested operations and have attached.
    Also sent to support@acronis.com with attachments as requested.
    None of the fixes worked.
    Updated to latest build, version.
    The email will have the folder "Acronis" attached as a .zip.
    Thanks for your quick response.
    Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.