Exploiting Comodo internet security.

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by The Red Moon, Oct 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Hi
    Im as my sig suggests using comodo internet security which i like very much as it is extremely light on the computer and seems very effective.

My reason for starting this thread is for some feedback on how comodo deals with exploits.Upon research ive found mixed opinions on how comodo deals with these.I have EMET running by comodo,s side but i just wondered how comodo deals with these exploits on its own?

I have also read mixed opinions about the company itself but im not too bothered about those.Ive NEVER had a problem in installing or using comodo at all and i find it an excellent free software.

Any feedback on this exploit question please?:blink:
    Thank You.

2. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

You mean exploits in Comodo's own software? I haven't heard anything about that. Most of the 'Comodo hate' for the Company is, in my opinion, largely unjustified. I think it gets a lot of hate because it's a Certificate Authority.

The one thing I can think of is that their response to having their certificates hacked was kinda a joke/ flat out incorrect.

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

Please discuss software only. Any more of that same old discussion about the company in question is off topic. Thank you.

4. The Red Moon

They provide an excellent security suite for free and it works very well except i have been told it does not handle exploits very well apparently and hopefully this will be improved upon in the next version.
    This was one of my main reasons for installing EMET,to compliment comodo.
    Personally i dont come across a lot of these exploits and im not sure how CIS deals with them.:thumb:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2012
  5. itman

itman Registered Member

Exploit

A tool developed by hackers that is used to perform malicious attacks on computer systems. They are usually scripts that are designed to exploit weaknessness in software over a network, most commonly the Internet. Zero-Day is a common type of exploit.
    http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/E/exploit.html

Most of these are attacks against browsers. They are usually mitigated by browser "hardening" and realtime anti-malware and anti-virus software.

What third party firewalls have done in recent years is include HIPS software to thwart any damage from exploits to PC based software including the OS.

Comodo's HIPS is Defense+. If properly configured and running at higher protection levels, it provides excellent protection against exploits. Note that one thing noticably missing from Comodo is denial-of-service protection(DOS). It used to be there in earlier versions but mysteriously diasappeared in later versions.

6. The Red Moon

Thank you very much itman.:thumb: :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.