[EXPIRED] Giveaway - Partition Manager 9.5 Professional Edition - Free Download

Discussion in 'Paragon Partition Manager Product Line' started by Paragon_JT, Oct 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paragon_JT

Paragon_JT Paragon Moderator

This offer is now expired.

Paragon is giving Partition Manager 9.5 Professional away for free, from now through October 18th, 2009.
    Hurry to get your license before this offer ends and be sure to tell all your friends!

Get the free download here: Paragon Partition Manager 9.5

You can find other Paragon products on our new Free Downloads page. You’ll occasionally find commercial software there for free as well.

What are a few of the capabilities of Partition Manager 9.5?

Advanced Partitioning Operations: Enlarge NTFS partitions without rebooting Windows or interrupting your work, repartition hard disks without data loss, redistribute free space between partitions, merge two partitions into one etc.

Apple® BootCamp Support: Redistribute unused space between Mac® OS X and Windows partitions

Create a System Backup

Safe Defragmentation

You can find a full feature list here.

Partition Manager 9.5 doesn’t support Windows 7. Partition Manager 10 currently provides full Windows 7 support.

The program runs on Windows 2000, XP and Vista (32 or 64 bit).

Paragon will provide user support only during the promo period, and only via Twitter.

No WinPE Recovery CD is included with Partition Manager 9.5. The default recovery CD can be created from within Partition Manager 9.5.

You will need to complete the required fields on the registration page to receive a free serial number and product key to successfully activate the product.

Thank you for using Paragon's products!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2009
  2. dcrowe0050

dcrowe0050 Registered Member

Re: Weekend Giveaway - Partition Manager 9.5 Professional Edition - Free Download

Yes thanks this is an awesome product but I was pretty bummed when I installed it and the Virtualization Manager wasnt a part of it but beggars cant be choosers. I had tried to get the virtualization manager when it was on GAOTD but was out of town and couldn't get to my computer in time. A friend of mine did get it and I got to play around with it some and was very impressed definately the most complete P2V I have come across. anyways just wanted to say thanks and keep us updated I would love nothing more than to get a copy of the Virtualization manager for free or discounted. BTW is the VM offered as a standalone product or just with the Partiton manager?? Thanks Guys

3. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Re: Weekend Giveaway - Partition Manager 9.5 Professional Edition - Free Download

Hi dcrowe.

LOL. Well, like my grandma used to say:

If you don't ask - you don't get.

I don't think you can get it separately, at least not at the moment. You do get it is an Add On to some of the paid products - WinPE cd , too.

Now you have the partioning taken care of with PM9.5Pro, you might look at Drive Backup Pro - there is an offer atm - same price as the personal version.

I believe you get all the VM goodies with that.

I also believe once you have bought a product , you get massive discounts when upgrading in the future - you would need to check the precise details of that.

http://www.paragon-software.com/home/db-professional/

4. Kron

Kron Registered Member

Hi,
    Downloaded, got serial numbers, online program runs fine (32bit). Then created recovery boot cd. When loading, get message :kernel requires feature missing this cpu: pae. This is to an IBM R51 Centrino, Windows XP SP2. However, DriveBackup 9.0 Pro recovery cd works fine on same processor.

The recovery media was create with 'typical' checked. What is missing?

Ron K.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  5. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Are you using the WinPE cd from Drive Backup Pro?

You only get the Linux/dos cd from the PM9.5 Pro giveaway.

Do you have the /pae switch in boot.ini?

[boot loader]
    timeout=30
    default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS
    [operating systems]
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Windows Server 2003, Enterprise" /fastdetect /PAE

The PAE mode kernel requires an Intel Architecture processor, Pentium Pro or later, more than 4 GB of RAM, and Windows 2000, Windows XP, or Windows Server 2003.

6. Kron

Kron Registered Member

No, didn't think I needed changes to boot.ini, since the Linux/Dos boot cd from Drive Backup 9.0 Pro works just fine, thought Partition Mgr 9.5 Pro would create a working Linux bootcd also. The first message from the loader was 'ancient loader' may be limited, then the pae missing message.

Will try your suggestions, with adds to the recovery cd. Not sure how to get changes to boot.ini on the ISO image, it does allow adding files to the CD.

My 2004 IBM R51 has a 1.7gh pentium M. XP SP2.

Thanks,

7. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

I don't know of anything you need to add to the cd.

Was just trying to figure out why it may be giving that message.

Strange it does that, when the DB9 Pro linux cd works fine.

I assume you mean the PM9.5 cd boots - and you get the message as the program itself tries to load?

Do you have the HDM9.5SE - they have been doing a giveaway of that as well in various different places. It is a different build of course, but includes the same partitioning functions.

You might search about and see if there is a giveaway of it going on at the moment. You may find that cd is fine, too.

8. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

There may be a problem with the .iso.

Go to the ISO folder inside the PM9.5 folder in C:\Program Files.

Pick it up with Iso Buster or PowerIso - the free version will do :

http://www.isobuster.com/isobusterdownload.php

See if you get something like this:

PAR-ISO-ERROR-2009-10-18_231820.jpg

9. Kron

Kron Registered Member

I forgot that I even had isobuster on my laptop. I ran it against the bootcd.iso in partition mgr 9.5 pro and got exactly the same image you did.

I guess I'll have to hunt for the HDM SE free release somewhere, or maybe the trial version. Really strange, since I downloaded this from paragon-software link given.

In response to the earlier question, yes, it's during boot/loading sequence from the created (successfully, per Paragon) recovery cd I get the message. The graphic screen for PM 9.5 comes up, the progress bar proceeds to the end and the text display begins with 'ancient loader', then unexpected kernel missing pae message.

Ron

10. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

I have a horrible feeling there is something wrong with the download file.

That would be a PR disaster.

Hope one of the Paragon team come on here tomorrow and see this.

They are brilliant at sorting things out.

I am going to check on the big Windows 7 Forum , where I am on the Team, and see if anyone else has the same bad .iso.

I am sure when one the Paragon Team comes around - they will sort it out for you.

11. Kron

Kron Registered Member

I'm impressed at the help on this board; good to hear you are on the Windows 7 team too. I have found a HDM 9.5 SE download link -http://krishnan.co.in/blog/post/Paragon-Hard-Disk-Manager-95-Special-Edition-genuine-license-for-Free.aspx- from rapidshare -http://rapidshare.com/files/239892682/Setup.msi- which is slooowwwly downloading a file of about 131Mb. Hopefully it's a safe site. I virus check all downloads anyway. I already have registration numbers for it, and will try installing it and cut a bootcd.

Next year, next laptop will likely be Windows 7. I've been using Acronis products for patitioning and imaging but stopped at TI v8.0 which works fine with my hardware/os. Later versions of Acronis have been plagued with issues.
    Thanks again!

Ron

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2009
  12. Kron

Kron Registered Member

Success! HDM 9.5 SE installed and cut a boot cd which loads w/o any snags.

Must be an iso error on the PM 9.5 PRO promo file, no other explanation makes sense. I downloaded it twice just to make sure, and had the same result.

Thanks for pointing me to HDM promo which was running June 2009.

Ron

13. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

LOL. That's not quite what I had in mind - I expected there was an official giveaway going on - that doesn't look official to me.

Nevertheless -you'll find it's a great program.

What country are you in ? No idea why, but it might make a difference to the download of PM9.5.

14. Kron

Kron Registered Member

It's the only usable link I could find today for HDM 9.5. I'm from the Midwest of USA. Here's the versions/modules:

Hard Disk Manager™, version 9.5., build 6730 (26.09.08 )Special Edition

Components versions:

Paragon Base Services Library, version 1.1, build 6730 (26.09.08 )
    hdm.dll, version 9.0, release 9, build 8130
    biont.dll, version 9.0, release 9, build 8130
    biont.sys, version 9.0, release 9, build 8130

It's a year old so don't know if many bugs in this, but I am running 5 year old software/hardware, LOL.

I still hope the issue with the PM 9.5 Pro can be resolved though, but not as big a deal now. Someone else must be running into this issue if they've tried the boot cd.

Ron

15. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

You will fine with that - I was using it till very recently - works fine on my 7 x64 and Vista SP2 x64 systems.

That's the same build of HDM9.5SE I have. It has more functions than PM9.5.

Strange there aren't more reports of the iso issue with PM9.5Pro. Since the boot cd burns fine - maybe nobody else has actually tried to load it.

16. dcrowe0050

dcrowe0050 Registered Member

Re: Weekend Giveaway Partition Manager 9.5 Professional Edition - Free Download

Hey SIW2 just thought I'd let you know that my recovery disk works great no problems at all.

17. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Thanks dcrowe,

Not sure why Ron and I got those errors.

18. Kron

Kron Registered Member

That's really weird. The way you phrased it, did you have the error too? Or are you referring to the isobuster error? I got that on my DriveBackup9.0Pro as well, but it boots fine. The HDM9.5SE didn't get the isobuster error and boots fine. Very bizarre, but always a reason.o_O

Ron

19. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Yes,

I only get it with IsoBuster on the PM9.5SE .iso - all the other Paragon iso's are fine.

I suppose it is a rare unexplained occurence.

20. Kron

Kron Registered Member

An answer given by Paragon as to issue with recovery CD's :

QUESTION:
    Ticket ID 2868808
    State Awaiting user
    Date created 26/10/2009 00:39
    Product name Paragon Partition Manager
    Version Paragon Partition Manager 9.0 Professional Edition
    Build 8622
    Subject recovery cd load issue
    Description
    Have several registered Paragon products, but of 3 of them create a recovery cd which error out during boot with: "Ancient Bootloader. This kernel requires the following features not present on the cpu: pae Unable to boot - please use a kernel appropriate for your cpu." IBM R51 1.7Ghz Pentium Pro. HarDiskMgr 9.5 and DrvBkup Pro 9.0 recovery cds work fine, but PartMgr Pro 9.5, and Bkup&Rec FreeEd 10.0 do not. Why is the linux boot cd loader failing with this message?
    ANSWER:
    Dear Ron, new Linux kernel that we used in newer Recovery CDs had some hardware support features cut out, mostly for older software. We fixed this problem, but it will be available only with next update. Meanwhile you can use Recovery CD of version 9. With best regards, Anastasia Fedorova Support Engineer Paragon Software Group

IMHO:
    Good to have an answer. :cautious: This should have been highlighted in a support release as soon as known, so one doesn't stumble about trying to identify cause of problem.::mad:

21. Howard Kaikow

Howard Kaikow Registered Member

I downloaded the freebie for 9.5.

1. Is there a downloadable manual for PM pro 9.5?

2. Are there any issues with installing PM pro 9.5 in the same OS as Partition Magic 8?

22. Howard Kaikow

I just tried instakking the freeebie PM 9,5 that I downloaded on 14 Oct 2009.

Seems that I got a Russian, rather than English, msi file.

It seems so because when I click on the button to get a free serial number, the web page is Russian,

What is the MD5 for the English version msi?
    How do I fix this?

23. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

Sorry, I only have the x64 version:

5e3c939970294ed56eca3c1b7b1e3f33

Manual is 10mb so I can't upload it.

I would think if it says Get Free Serial in English - then you have the English version.

24. Howard Kaikow

My 64-bit version matches your MD5,

The 32-bit version's MD5 is EAA68206F7127C3675C80F8EBCA76416.

I agree thgat since th econtrols are in English, I have the English version.
    However, the control goes to a Russian web page,

So the problem is either at Paragon's end, or the control does not know how get my language version. I suspect the latter, but it's a really simple Windows API call to get the language.

25. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

I an guessing that was a giveaway from a Russian site - even though it is in English . I expect the Product key you get from the russian link will work fine.

I think I have some German ones , that are keys for my English language version.

You can get a key from here - not sure if it will work with that - worth a go.

http://www.paragon-software.com/registration/pm95pro

That's weird - it's russian too - never noticed - maybe they have their links mixed up at the moment.

I can tell you mine is English - and the above is the link it is now sending me to - I am pretty sure it went to an English page before.

I have an idea the giveaway is now only going on in Russia - they have switched it for that reason - the key will work fine.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.