Expert Help Pls - Using SpyBot S&D + SW Blaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Jem, Mar 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jem

Jem Registered Member

Hi,

I'm a recent fan of both Spybot S&D and Spyware Blaster. These 2 apps seem to compliment each other but I'd appreciate some advice on the optimum use of protection in both / either and any possible duplication / conflict.

I'm using SW Blaster 3 with IE protection and Restricted sites turned on, and the S&D immunizaton with 'Bad download blocker'. Is this a good combo or over the top? Also I'm not using S&D's hosts file list or locking as this seems unneccessary with SW Blaster's protection as well.

Some general guidance on what works well plus advice on whether S&D hosts file list is really neccessary would be great.

Thanks guys..

Jem :)

2. r00ted

r00ted Registered Member

Hello:
    I use both spywareblaster and Spybot and no, from what I've seen I don't think using Spybot's "Immunize" Function is really necessary...though, I still set it up before installed spywareblaster. It seems to have some priority over SpywareBlaster, because occasionally I'll get "Blocked" messages from Bfast when surfing, which comes from the SpyBot BHO ;) I hope JavaCool team considers adding notification to the blocking of content ;)

As far as the HOSTS file. I would suggest it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.