Experience with MS SQL Server?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Adramalech, May 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adramalech

Adramalech Registered Member

Hi @all

Does anybody have experience with MS SQL Server, regarding database inconsistency? There's an option to enter an executable before and after the snapshot, but not a command.

Any suggestions?

greetz
    Adra

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. napoleon

napoleon Registered Member

Beginning with Build 1124, you can write scripts to stop and restart the DB service and link them to an image job. This only happens for a few seconds when the image first kicks on. We use this for our SQL servers, as well as our Lotus Notes servers.

4. Adramalech

@napoleon

Can you please give me an example of what this script has to look like for MS SQL? I'm not really that familiar with SQL.

Thanks

Adra

5. napoleon

napoleon Registered Member

Sure. Download the manual for TI Enterprise Server here: http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/download/docs/

When you open the document in Adobe, check out the script examples on Adobe page 42 (manual page 41). This should outline it for you fine. I hope this helps!

6. Adramalech

Yes, it helps. Thanks!

So you're using the simple net stop/start command too? Did you ever try to restore the database? I'm hearing different stories from different kind of people (and the data is really high-risk)...

7. Adramalech

.....well, i'm going to test then. Thanks again ;)

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Adramalech,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Enterprise Disk Backup Software.

If you have any questions concerning our software, please feel free to contact us. We are always at your service should you have any further questions.

Thank you.
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.